Maybe now is the right time to organize

floridays

A major work stoppage resulting in firings/rehiring/turnover/inexperienced workers can be even more diseasterous for fedex than what the '97 strike was for UPS. Those problems don't solve themselves overnight or weeks or months or even years.
That would be the contractors problem to resolve.
Ask @bbsam exactly what he might do to curtail it,
ask @It will be fine the same question, it lands in their court.

Ghost in the Darkness

So you are still implying that folding fedex ground would be the option. I don't care who employs the workers... if the work isn't getting done you have a real big problem.... and in the end its fedex grounds problem. Address the workers who organize a work stoppage or put on a tourniquet while the sand runs out of the hourglass.

Ghost in the Darkness

So fire all the contractors who can't staff enough to get the work done. We are right back to you having fedex ground shutdown. Problem is you don't have weeks to work all that out... fedex ground would be bleeding out... there is leverage there.

floridays

So you are still implying that folding fedex ground would be the option. I don't care who employs the workers... if the work isn't getting done you have a real big problem.... and in the end its fedex grounds problem. Address the workers who organize a work stoppage or put on a tourniquet while the sand runs out of the hourglass.
I'm not implying anything.
Ask what @bbsam and @It will be fine would do in this situation.

BoxDriver

If FedEx Ground would even get the slightest idea one of their contractors employees were trying to unionize, Ground would simply find a way to cancel that contract, or at the very least not renew that contract. There is no chance of getting every contractor to agree to all do the same thing all at once as many will see the opportunity to snatch up those contacts.

MAKAVELI

If FedEx Ground would even get the slightest idea one of their contractors employees were trying to unionize, Ground would simply find a way to cancel that contract, or at the very least not renew that contract. There is no chance of getting every contractor to agree to all do the same thing all at once as many will see the opportunity to snatch up those contacts.
It's not about what the contractors agree to. It's about organizing all the drivers

Ghost in the Darkness

Like I said before the breaking point would come with the boots on the ground. When contractors can't staff and deal with the myriad of problems of firing work stoppage employees its fedex grounds problem in the end....deal with it or bleed out. Time wouldn't be on their side. Think of the damage done in a week... 2 weeks... months... years. Bad news.

floridays

It's not about what the contractors agree to. It's about organizing all the drivers
Where's your union buddy? Exactly why haven't you organize yet?
You clowns have one company to organize against. There must be thousands of contractors to organize against in the US.

Is this a legal matter or is it just what you want?
Class action unionization I presume.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
A major work stoppage resulting in firings/rehiring/turnover/inexperienced workers can be even more diseasterous for fedex than what the '97 strike was for UPS. Those problems don't solve themselves overnight or weeks or months or even years.
If FedEx Ground contractors employees are to unionize, it would have to be simultaneously. If contractor A’s employees unionized, FedEx would simply void A’s contract, and the union goes away.

Is reality dawning on you yet?

floridays

Like I said before the breaking point would come with the boots on the ground. When contractors can't staff and deal with the myriad of problems of firing work stoppage employees its fedex grounds problem in the end....deal with it or bleed out. Time wouldn't be on their side. Think of the damage done in a week... 2 weeks... months... years. Bad news.
As with everything. I speak in realities, possibilities.
Fedex regular, real employees won't walk off for a day. They are actually qualified, harder to replace.

Fedex ground drivers, never happen.
Ask the contractors, everything they have is invested, they know how to incentivize.

floridays

If FedEx Ground contractors employees are to unionize, it would have to be simultaneously. If contractor A’s employees unionized, FedEx would simply void A’s contract, and the union goes away.

Is reality dawning on you yet?
Contractor A's employees would never find a union to represent, the union would know they would not be employed the next day.

vantexan

Van, dead horse, don't keep beating it.

I told the precise way, (Express side) to get their attention, meaning force them to respond, without signing cards, teamsters would have been there the next day. The clowns are either happy or they don't know the position of power they hold and do not see.

The clowns can't see the forest for the trees, while holding chainsaws in their hands. You are one, if I recall correctly, that spoke against what I said.

No skin off my back, I've got mine, won't help me in the least.

I'm just trying to help some people, that like to bitch about their standing as employees under the RLA, get to the promised land.

This again has nothing to do with ground drivers.
Not speaking against what you said, just don't see that hub or ramp employees will get couriers what they want. The company might give them some more money but it'll stop at them. As it stands right now there's simply no way Ground employees can organize but people only want to hear what they want to happen.