Maybe now is the right time to organize

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Who do you think you are scaring.
That is the precise reason for a contract.
Are you trying to get these rubes to think the pilots are in fear of Fedex upholding the contract?

Following the contract to the letter eliminates any leeway that some people rely on.

You're a clown.

You took time off from licking windows to insult me?

vantexan

The Republicans get their share of Fat Freddy's chum,either directly or through a Super Pac. Instead of blaming the failure to get landmark labor law legislation through Congress on the Dems you should be focused on what your beloved GOP didn't do to get it passed. They all had a vote too. The votes against the bill were not all Democrat.
You're not getting it. Everyone knows the Republicans are anti-union. The Dems had control of Congress and the presidency for two years and there was a great Dem Congressman from Michigan, name escapes me and he has since died, who butted heads with Fred and got that attachment to the FAA bill. Fred contributed $32 million from what was said online to Democrat campaign coffers and the FAA bill was tabled repeatedly even though there was very needed funding on it. Finally the Republicans recaptured the House in 2010 and took over in 2011. The FAA bill finally got passed then but only after the attachment was removed and to further rub salt in the wound the rules of the RLA were changed to where 50% of a craft had to sign union cards to force a union vote instead of the 35% it had always taken. Dems had their chance to help us, didn't happen.

rickyb

now is always the right time duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
You're not getting it. Everyone knows the Republicans are anti-union. The Dems had control of Congress and the presidency for two years and there was a great Dem Congressman from Michigan, name escapes me and he has since died, who butted heads with Fred and got that attachment to the FAA bill.
James Oberstar.

Working4the1%

You're not getting it. Everyone knows the Republicans are anti-union. The Dems had control of Congress and the presidency for two years and there was a great Dem Congressman from Michigan, name escapes me and he has since died, who butted heads with Fred and got that attachment to the FAA bill. Fred contributed $32 million from what was said online to Democrat campaign coffers and the FAA bill was tabled repeatedly even though there was very needed funding on it. Finally the Republicans recaptured the House in 2010 and took over in 2011. The FAA bill finally got passed then but only after the attachment was removed and to further rub salt in the wound the rules of the RLA were changed to where 50% of a craft had to sign union cards to force a union vote instead of the 35% it had always taken. Dems had their chance to help us, didn't happen.
2021 .. never say never

bacha29

What you're not getting is that as a hard core Republican you're refuse to hold your party responsible for not garnering enough votes of it's own to push the bill through You obviously supported the bill and wanted to see it passed. Therefore, your quarrel is with your own party in regard to it's hard line disdain for worker representation.

Not surprising because the reps know that as long as they can keep Charlie Redneck and Billy Joe Sixpack is a steady supply of guns and bibles they'll always vote Republican no matter what the party does to them legislatively. And that's not the fault of the Democrats.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
What you're not getting is that as a hard core Republican you're refuse to hold your party responsible for not garnering enough votes of it's own to push the bill through You obviously supported the bill and wanted to see it passed. Therefore, your quarrel is with your own party in regard to it's hard line disdain for worker representation.

Not surprising because the reps know that as long as they can keep Charlie Redneck and Billy Joe Sixpack is a steady supply of guns and bibles they'll always vote Republican no matter what the party does to them legislatively. And that's not the fault of the Democrats.
And if the Dems hadn’t sold out to the highest bidder, no telling HOW many Republicans they could have converted.

bacha29

And if the Dems hadn’t sold out to the highest bidder, no telling HOW many Republicans they could have converted.
Given the hundreds of millions GOP legislators have and will continue to receive from individuals, PAC's and other well heeled special interest groups you could probably count the number of Republicans backing any pro organized labor legislation on the fingers of one hand and I seriously doubt that there would even be that many.

vantexan

Nope, had to have Democratic party do it. Republicans are anti-union. Don't try to obfuscate.

bacha29

Nope, had to have Democratic party do it. Republicans are anti-union. Don't try to obfuscate.
So what you're saying is that the Democrats have a moral obligation to somehow overcome YOUR party's formidable opposition to any and all pro worker , pro organized labor bills and initiatives. That fact is obvious given your sharp criticism of the Democrats for their inability in this case to do so. And given that it was YOUR party's bitter opposition your grievance rests with your own party.

dmac1

You are clueless if you believe FedEx will stand by and watch contractor after contractor have their employees organize. As soon as a contractor has a union organize they would find their contract suddenly expire.

Clarity achieved yet?
You are really some kind of clown. I never said fedex would stand by, just indicating the only way to unionize ground drivers is through one contractor at a time. That should even be obvious to a boot licker like you appear to be.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
You are really some kind of clown. I never said fedex would stand by, just indicating the only way to unionize ground drivers is through one contractor at a time. That should even be obvious to a boot licker like you appear to be.
Your eyeglasses are fogged, I have supported unionization for years. Your suggestion isn’t realistic, unless you have an unassailable, step by step plan. Do you? Convince me anything but @floridays plan would work. I am eager for you to prove me wrong.

bacha29

If anything could motivate Ground box ox to do something to improve their lot it would be right now in the face of the earnings report that came out a few minutes ago. Those number s prove conclusively that they are deserving of higher pay along with at the very least a basic employer funded benefit plan.

vantexan

So what you're saying is that the Democrats have a moral obligation to somehow overcome YOUR party's formidable opposition to any and all pro worker , pro organized labor bills and initiatives. That fact is obvious given your sharp criticism of the Democrats for their inability in this case to do so. And given that it was YOUR party's bitter opposition your grievance rests with your own party.
When the Dems had the power they let us down. No one expects the Republicans to make it easier to unionize. I support them for other reasons than that. Can you think of anything the Dems did for average workers during the 8 years of the last administration? They were supposed to be for the little guy. They seem to be the party of Wall Street now. And during those two years the Dems didn't have to overcome any opposition. They were in control. And yes, A great DEMOCRAT, James Oberstar, made it possible for Express to unionize. But his party leaders wouldn't let it come up for a vote. Too many Democrats took money from Fred to not vote for it so votes weren't there. Too embarrassing a look for a party that supposedly supports unions to have a pro union vote fail.

bacha29

When the Dems had the power they let us down. No one expects the Republicans to make it easier to unionize. I support them for other reasons than that. Can you think of anything the Dems did for average workers during the 8 years of the last administration? They were supposed to be for the little guy. They seem to be the party of Wall Street now. And during those two years the Dems didn't have to overcome any opposition. They were in control. And yes, A great DEMOCRAT, James Oberstar, made it possible for Express to unionize. But his party leaders wouldn't let it come up for a vote. Too many Democrats took money from Fred to not vote for it so votes weren't there. Too embarrassing a look for a party that supposedly supports unions to have a pro union vote fail.
Once again as long as the GOP continues to fill you up with guns and bibles you have and will continue to support the GOP no matter what they do to you legislatively. As long as you are a registered Republican support it's platform vote for it's candidates you take the good right along with the bad because the Democrats are under no obligation to protect you from whatever legislation that is harmful to your personal well being and general quality of life the GOP is successful in getting passed into law.

dmac1

Your eyeglasses are fogged, I have supported unionization for years. Your suggestion isn’t realistic, unless you have an unassailable, step by step plan. Do you? Convince me anything but @floridays plan would work. I am eager for you to prove me wrong.
Another idiotic reply. If drivers are really contractor employees, the ONLY way to unionize is by organizing the drivers of each separate contractor, and come to an agreement with that contractor. I really don't understand why you are so arrogant when you clearly don't even understand simple concepts. That is a trait typical of the low educated people Trump likes. Do you support Trump too?????

dmac1

Can you think of anything the Dems did for average workers during the 8 years of the last administration?

For blue collar workers without employer sponsored health plans, the ACA was a fantastic opportunity, with low copays and premium assistance available to almost all blue collar workers with families. And don't spout the idiocy of high deductibles making the health plan unusable. Most health care under the ACA is not even subject to the deductible, and premiums were limited to about 10% of income.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
My idiotic reply. If drivers are really contractor employees, the ONLY way to unionize is by organizing the drivers of each separate contractor, and come to an agreement with that contractor.
And shortly after that contractor comes to an agreement with that union, FedEx will start the process of eliminating that contractor AND their union.

Can't make it any simpler for a simpleton to understand.