Maybe now is the right time to organize

falcon back

Fred pays everyone off and thats why the Union will never get in
Have you seen these payments with your eyes? Mighty bold statement with no evidence. Every large company makes campaign contributions and many give to each of the 2 candidates to make sure they have their attention

NC man

Saw this, Jan 2019.
It “throws a roadblock into unionization efforts involving such workers, as federal law does not permit independent contractors to unionize,” said a statement from the Fisher Phillips law firm. The NLRB issued the three-to-one decision on Jan. 25.
Ground cannot unionize.

floridays

Have you seen these payments with your eyes? Mighty bold statement with no evidence. Every large company makes campaign contributions and many give to each of the 2 candidates to make sure they have their attention
Talk to Steve Cohen, ask him about his perks for voting correctly.
The Kentucky Fried eating Democrat

MAKAVELI

Saw this, Jan 2019.
It “throws a roadblock into unionization efforts involving such workers, as federal law does not permit independent contractors to unionize,” said a statement from the Fisher Phillips law firm. The NLRB issued the three-to-one decision on Jan. 25.
Ground cannot unionize.
Contractors can't but their drivers and FedEx ground employees can. Ttku.....

floridays

Saw this, Jan 2019.
Ground cannot unionize.
This is partially correct, ground handlers, and other Fedex Ground employees of Fedex Corp. can.
They are no nuts as well.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
The crux of the matter is will enough hub and ramp employees participate? And will couriers follow? Will FedEx quickly give in? You're asking people who don't have union support, aren't following RLA rules to establish a union, to risk their jobs.
You seem to miss @floridays point. His contention (I agree) is you have to find the underbelly, the vulnerable point to attack, if you expect any chance of success.
You don’t ask hub workers to take the body blows for you, but they are the essential first strike to force FedEx to negotiate.
Hub employees would have to know that couriers and other hourlies have their backs. This is the Achilles heel of this plan.

floridays

You seem to miss @floridays point. His contention (I agree) is you have to find the underbelly, the vulnerable point to attack, if you expect any chance of success.
You don’t ask hub workers to take the body blows for you, but they are the essential first strike to force FedEx to negotiate.
Hub employees would have to know that couriers and other hourlies have their backs. This is the Achilles heel of this plan.
Thank You Fred,
This didn't just come to me in a dream or vision last night or two months ago.
It is the only way.
You're from Texas, do you have any experience herding cats?

floridays

I didn't say they could. They can unionize against their employer ( contractor ). How thick is your skull?
Not the time to save face, this whole thread was devoted to bringing Fedex Ground to their knees.
It was not aimed at @bbsam we bring a box, or @It will be fine's, As long as it isn't animal products or animal based food, we tote it for you.

My skull is that thick.

On a different note,
What do you think about short pipe, you know, the pusillanimous banger in Compton?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Describe the successful scenario where this happens, step by step, so that we may point out the holes in your theory.

I don't think there is one, just that it's possible for employees of contractors to organize. It's possible that the employees of one contractor might organize but it doesn't mean squat for the drivers working for other contractors. When you look at it realistically, Ground drivers already tolerate questionable pay and meager benefits and they can -for the most part- be calmed down rather easily should they get restless.

floridays

When you look at it realistically, Ground drivers already tolerate questionable pay and meager benefits and they can -for the most part- be calmed down rather easily should they get restless.
And there you have it, in one sentence.
The philosophy of upper management (not @59 Dano he'll never sniff that rarefied air).
It is the same throughout, it does not matter which operating company.

Don't bother responding @59 Dano, you have blocked me, or so you say.
It's a gibberish thing.

vantexan

I'm not asking anyone to do anything, I simply offered the only vehicle to get chronic bitchers what they want.

I've said numerous times here it will not happen, search it, it's there many times.
This moment, the perfect situation, the perfect elements to go union may never present themselves again.

:censored2: or get off the pot.
BTW, where is this massive social media attempt to get card signers?
No guts no glory, no step program either.

Cat's, it's like herding cats.
When I say you're I mean in a generic sense. I should've been clearer.

vantexan

I didn't say they could. They can unionize against their employer ( contractor ). How thick is your skull?
That quote you emphasized some words in was referring to the contractors themselves not being able to unionize, not to the contractors' employees. At any rate it's so discombobulated that no union is ever going to try to unionize the workers of contractors. There are too many small groups, each one representing a possible union shop. And too much turnover.