Meadow Feeder driver dies

ManInBrown

Clicked the article again and read some of the comments. People posted that they saw the aftermath and one person posted this

“I know someone that was at the scene right after it happened.
It was around a bend and the sun was low in the sky, meaning the blinding sun was right in the face of any driver heading east on the thruway that day.

Could he have been distracted? Perhaps. But you have no proof of that”

So it was around a bend. Possibly explains what might have happened.

Indecisi0n

Clicked the article again and read some of the comments. People posted that they saw the aftermath and one person posted this

“I know someone that was at the scene right after it happened.
It was around a bend and the sun was low in the sky, meaning the blinding sun was right in the face of any driver heading east on the thruway that day.

Could he have been distracted? Perhaps. But you have no proof of that”

So it was around a bend. Possibly explains what might have happened.
I heard the same.

ManInBrown

No matter what happened it’s beyond tragic. I know myself personally I always say there’s no way this kind of thing could ever happen to me. I’m so careful and extremely cautious especially when I’m on road jobs but it just shows that it can happen to any of us.

Indecisi0n

No matter what happened it’s beyond tragic. I know myself personally I always say there’s no way this kind of thing could ever happen to me. I’m so careful and extremely cautious especially when I’m on road jobs but it just shows that it can happen to any of us.
I am sure he said the same about it never happening to him either. On top of that he was a long time vet. We just never know when its our time.

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
Why was the tractor white
739A0567-C391-4BE4-B03C-80EF7002F33D.jpeg

Tractor was brown

Indecisi0n

Wonder if he would still be alive if he hit the back of the trailer straight on instead of at a angle into the passenger side of the trailer... wow
Doubtful . You see how far that tractor is pushed in ?I doubt he stood a chance at that speed . It was probably over for him before he even realized what was happening .

Big Arrow Down...D

Wonder if he would still be alive if he hit the back of the trailer straight on instead of at a angle into the passenger side of the trailer... wow
If he had a newer tractor the collision mitigation could have warned him... everyone complains about the beeps and buzzer but it could save your life.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Doubtful . You see how far that tractor is pushed in ?I doubt he stood a chance at that speed . It was probably over for him before he even realized what was happening .
Maybe but evening out the impact might have helped him instead of that... side impacts are something cars have to pass on safety tests for this exact Scenario...I’m sure tractors have to go through crash testing also?

Big Arrow Down...D

Maybe but evening out the impact might have helped him instead of that... side impacts are something cars have to pass on safety tests for this exact Scenario...I’m sure tractors have to go through crash testing also?
Maybe tractor only... but you have 50,000 plus pounds pushing behind you... nothing can save u from that.

ManInBrown

If he had a newer tractor the collision mitigation could have warned him... everyone complains about the beeps and buzzer but it could save your life.
That’s a great point. I wonder what would have happened. I was driving one of the older single screw KW’s from Hartford to Stratford and there’s a spot on 91 where it’s downhill and then immediately back uphill. No straightaway. Down the hill, and right back up at the bottom. I guess the uphill part is so sudden that the collision system thought I was about to hit something, the tractor violently slowed down to the point of my whole body jerking forward. Maybe it was the speed I was going but I made that run more than once, and that’s the only time it ever happened.