Meal breaks for FT

Fuzzy Brown

And here we go again….

Totally support and will fight for unpaid lunch breaks that members want.

But no one yet has explained why I should donate 200ish UNPAID hours of my life to UPS sitting in my truck out in country.

When you don’t take lunch you are giving the company and hour of unscheduled work.

AKCoverMan

When you don’t take lunch you are giving the company and hour of unscheduled work.
No I’m not. I’m not working during my lunch I’m just going home an hour earlier. Still generally a nine hour paid day.

I hear about people who punch in an unpaid lunch and keep working….I don’t know what Incan say about that kind of foolishness…

Taking an unpaid lunch would give me the same amount of work, the same amount of pay, but I get home an hour later. It’s an unpaid hour of “my time” so why not use it when i want?

AKCoverMan

Nice, what voice part do you sing? Im a tenor
Great, can you transfer up here please? We need tenors! I’m a bass… chorus has about 16 regulars but only two tenors. Had a decent quartet but the Tenor and Bari both moved and Lead joined another quartet so I must rebuild.

if I had four drivers who could sing I would call the quartet “Disobedient Boxes” 🤣🤣🤣

tourists24

No I’m not. I’m not working during my lunch I’m just going home an hour earlier. Still generally a nine hour paid day.

I hear about people who punch in an unpaid lunch and keep working….I don’t know what Incan say about that kind of foolishness…

Taking an unpaid lunch would give me the same amount of work, the same amount of pay, but I get home an hour later. It’s an unpaid hour of “my time” so why not use it when i want?
They don't allow skipping lunch at my center..... we are instructed to enter an hour lunch. Part of the center likes it; more than half hate it

AKCoverMan

They don't allow skipping lunch at my center..... we are instructed to enter an hour lunch. Part of the center likes it; more than half hate it
Yeah our local supp plus long past practice gives us option to not take a lunch… on a heavy business route I would take one every day. On my rural route that doesn’t start till 1000… it’s a waste of my time….usually.

Poop Head

Judge me.
No need to sit in your truck. I used to stand on a pier and fish.
thats why i propose the option for up to a 2 hour lunch. The possibilities are endless. Bunch of * whining, "waaaaahhhh, im not gonna just sit in my truck!!"
For christ sakes, with a 2 hour lunch, a guy could start a new lunch family, and see them more than their after work family!

Last edited by a moderator: