Meal breaks for FT

AKCoverMan

no. but you can't have your cake and eat it too. unless your boss lets you, which ain't going to happen.
if you work under 8 hours you don't have to take a lunch, however if you clock out early on your own, you can't demand your minimum 8. if you demand your minimum, they can make you work for it which will necessitate a 9th hour unpaid. it's one or the other. the rules aren't arbitrary and it's not a game. additionally you're supposed to take your lunch in the middle of your shift because it's supposed to be restorative, it's there so fatigue doesn't make you cause an accident. so if you skip your mid shift lunch you may be opening yourself up to an offense.
Maybe in your local, Not mine. I take a “restorative” break and eat my lunch after preload and delivering my first 10-25 stops.. usually about 1300 to 1400 ish (we start at 1000). My rural route is usually 100 Peices or less..frankly hardest physical work I do is preload. I don’t need an unpaid hour in my day,

Now I have worked routes where having a nice break maybe sit down in Resturant especially on hot day. You bet. The right to an unpaid lunch is important not the requirement to lose an hour of my life against my will and not be paid for it.

rentadawg

No I’m not. I’m not working during my lunch I’m just going home an hour earlier. Still generally a nine hour paid day.

I hear about people who punch in an unpaid lunch and keep working….I don’t know what Incan say about that kind of foolishness…

Taking an unpaid lunch would give me the same amount of work, the same amount of pay, but I get home an hour later. It’s an unpaid hour of “my time” so why not use it when i want?
Because a lot of folks here are obsessed with how strangers do their jobs. Most that go very slow on purpose and want others to pull stops off of them are the very definition of lazy, underperforming workers. You get fired almost every where else. I’ve noticed this for awhile. That’s just me mumbling though

rentadawg

Bunch of meesters
Ehh, they never had surgeries or what not. Not everyone’s bodies are the same I guess. For our hub majority get back around 5:30-6:00pm that’s pretty reasonable to me. Not 10-11 hrs days constantly. Might as well be a doctor making way more money if you want to live at your job

Ehh, they never had surgeries or what not. Not everyone’s bodies are the same I guess. For our hub majority get back around 5:30-6:00pm that’s pretty reasonable to me. Not 10-11 hrs days constantly. Might as well be a doctor making way more money if you want to live at your job
This maybe Custer's last stand

Appvol

I said screw it today and took 15 minutes. Had a good day wanted get home and mow so I wouldn’t have to Saturday. They are saying we have to take at least 30 minutes for lunch.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
They’re very beefy boys
2BC95745-55FE-4E7C-9046-99077BC0DD09.gif

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
I said screw it today and took 15 minutes. Had a good day wanted get home and mow so I wouldn’t have to Saturday. They are saying we have to take at least 30 minutes for lunch.
so 15 more minutes was the difference in being able to mow or not?