Medco top package loss

airbusfxr

I wonder how UPS can keep the Medco contract. I have had several Medcos never delivered due to "loss in transit" and UPS reps just say sorry about that call Medco. When you call Medco they just say UPS lost it call them, etc etc etc. Both times I have had to call the Doctor and get the med called in to a Walgreens and get it from them. My real question is that since I work for UPS I can do alot of this online or call from work during break, but how can a paying customer get this run-a-round from Medco and UPS and not have a breakdown. It is sad that UPS losses a medication and not have the sense of urgency to find, help, reorder, or whatever to make the customer happy. This is a sad way to run a company.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
There are several areas of our system that are "black holes" for packages.

Like Atlanta is Delta's black hole, we have several that have a very large number of inbound that get lost there.

And it seems the smaller package are the worst.

With all the security at those hubs, how can it be. but it is.

d

Sounds very suspicious to me..I have had open heart surgery twice so I take a lot of medication. For many yrs I have been getting my medicine from Medco by UPS and have never, I repeat, never had a problem with a single delivery. Have you been able to track the delivery? Maybe it was sent USPS (that's the way my father-in-law receives his from Medco).

kingOFchester

There are several areas of our system that are "black holes" for packages.

Like Atlanta is Delta's black hole, we have several that have a very large number of inbound that get lost there.

And it seems the smaller package are the worst.

With all the security at those hubs, how can it be. but it is.

d

Security is a joke at my HUB.....they watch DVD's during their shift.:sick:

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
i've also never had a problem with medco. it's kind of simple, as long as UPS requires everyone to get their drugs from medco, they will keep shipping UPS.

bluehdmc

it's kind of simple, as long as UPS requires everyone to get their drugs from medco, they will keep shipping UPS.

Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

This is why we won't lose the contract! As long as we can only get our drugs thru medco, and they only let you get generics if they are available. (Yes, they say you can get name brand, but they put the doctor through hoops to do this, put them on hold, etc. I've been told this by a doctor I asked to appeal a decision once.)

ol'browneye

I still get mine at the pharmacy.

What I do find odd is that I have had customers tell me "Oh that's my $6000 box of medicine!" They scan as "shipper release". Why on earth are we allowed to shipper release medicine that is that expensive. They come from MHS Services. Is that Medco?

airbusfxr

The drugs were Nexium, so they were worth maybe 10 bucks. The package was in and out of 5 hubs and the last hub it was scanned in but never out. I always stated I was an employee and kept my cool, but what would a paying customer say if his medicine was lost since July 6th.

OldUPSDriver

Nexium costs about $350.00 for 90 days and you get it for free?? You don't need a raise!! Lose about 50 pounds and your acid reflux will disappear.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Maybe if they would package these shipments a little better, say a little bubble wrap so that no one could hear the pills rattling around, then the chances of them getting lost would decrease.

airbusfxr

Yep its free and worry about your weight, its for my wife and she aint fat. Your an old ups driver why dont you quit and let some young people drive.

cocomac

That is interesting, as yesterday I question my packagethat I received from Medco as it was not the usual. UPS insisted that I HAD tosign for it before I opened it. I did so and all I received was invoices nomedication. I refused the package and they stated that I couldn't because Ihad signed for it. I stated that I opened it up in front of them and there were nomeds. It was a controlled substance so I notified Medco and spoke to thepharmacist last night and contacted the police this morning. UPS even statedthat is was relabeled. I am also going to contact my insurance company to makesure no one is pays for something I did not receive. I have even thought about the media if I have to use them. It is not really me getting the drugs but the fact that someone stole them and I wonder how often this happens.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That is interesting, as yesterday I question my packagethat I received from Medco as it was not the usual. UPS insisted that I HAD tosign for it before I opened it. I did so and all I received was invoices nomedication. I refused the package and they stated that I couldn't because Ihad signed for it. I stated that I opened it up in front of them and there were nomeds. It was a controlled substance so I notified Medco and spoke to thepharmacist last night and contacted the police this morning. UPS even statedthat is was relabeled. I am also going to contact my insurance company to makesure no one is pays for something I did not receive. I have even thought about the media if I have to use them. It is not really me getting the drugs but the fact that someone stole them and I wonder how often this happens.

Sorry---once you open it you can't refuse it, signature or not.