Media Bias

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I'm not sure I know what point you think I was making, so I don't know how to answer that.

Jesus is the "Word" mentioned in these verses. He is also the Christ, hence the Christ was in the beginning, meaning there has never not been a Christ. He didn't have to come to Earth in order for people to have faith in him. In fact, even before his death and resurrection he told people their faith in him had saved them.

Luke 7:50 "Jesus said to the woman, 'Your faith has saved you; go in peace.'"

People saved by their faith in the Christ might be considered Christians, no?

You are mixing up stories. This was the woman who washed Jesus' feet with her tears and poured perfume on them. She was described as a sinner. He told her that her faith had saved her, not healed her.
My bad.

In the text, Jesus is teaching Simon (Lk. 7:44-48). Look at the contrast between the two (Lk. 7:44-46):
You gave me no water - She gave me tears.
You gave me no kiss -- She gives me tender affection.
You gave me no oil - She gives me intimate honor.
Simon failed, the woman passed. The woman had many sins, but now they are forgiven while Simon's sins are retained (Lk. 7:47-48)
This lady lived under a different covenant than we do. Notice that the pardon occurred before the "great commission" of Mark 16:16 was given. Also, while Jesus walked on the earth, there were numerous times he forgave people for different reasons.
You cannot do what this lady did and be forgiven. But, you can be a Christian, which she wasn't at least here.
It's not recored, but if she was alive after the death of Jesus and responded to to the gospel in obedience, she would then be a Christian but not until then.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I'll always rely on the teachings of Jesus over those of even his disciples.
Can you tell me where that is written down in scripture so I can?

The Apostles, through divine inspiration (Holy Spirit) wrote down every word of the NT. No matter who said it, taught it, or wrote it, the authority and importance of the words are the same.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
I hope everyone watches the Facebook, Twitter hearing today. It is completely nuts how much information they are collecting on you.

oldngray

nowhere special
Untitled.png

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Facebook is a cesspool of right wing propaganda. If lying Ted is crying about that, he needs to pay attention. I did not watch the video, he makes my skin crawl.
I don’t usually pay attention to what he says but I read an article talking about it so I found the video.
IMO, anyone, whether or not they like Trump, Biden Or Cruz should really be concerned about the censorship.

fishtm2001

I don’t usually pay attention to what he says but I read an article talking about it so I found the video.
IMO, anyone, whether or not they like Trump, Biden Or Cruz should really be concerned about the censorship.
Facebook has been slow to censor rightwing falsehoods and the gop is fine with that. Twitter flags these obvious falsehoods so they cry foul. Recall that Facebook employees were so unhappy with the company’s decision to let controversial posts from President Donald Trump stay up that they staged a virtual walkout in June. The most read posts on Facebook each day are overwhelmingly from conservative sources.

It will be fine

I’m not concerned about private companies censoring content on their sites. There is plenty of information out there and countless ways to consume it. When right wingers cry about censorship they are playing the refs so they can spread disinformation with no recourse.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I’m not concerned about private companies censoring content on their sites. There is plenty of information out there and countless ways to consume it. When right wingers cry about censorship they are playing the refs so they can spread disinformation with no recourse.
Other than NPR, what media are not private?

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" ...Evelyn Hall

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Facebook is a cesspool of right wing propaganda. If lying Ted is crying about that, he needs to pay attention. I did not watch the video, he makes my skin crawl.

Probably one of the smartest Senators in the bunch and meets the lefts criteria of identity politics by going to Ivy league schools, having graduated from both Princeton and Harvard, being a great debater and public speaker. Didn't really use to care for him but he speaks the truth which is refreshing and it makes leftists skin crawl so there's another benefit.