Media Bias

newfie

the latest spin from the media is that trump is wasting his time trying to negotiate a peace deal in the middle east. dang if you do dang if you dont

Nimnim

The Nim
Don't watch network news because I almost never turn on the tv anymore, but this popped up in my social media feeds. The tragedy is very sad, but to see that other main stream networks would decide to go after Trump for awhile instead of covering an attack doesn't make sense. To be completely insensitive an attack, a potential terror attack, is much bigger ratings than anything else out there yet other networks didn't touch it for over an hour.

Edit: I can understand waiting for facts to come out, but not a mention that an explosion of unknown origin and multiple people were hurt not to even get a "we've heard something along these lines and we're investigating" to instead focus Trump, while nothing new about him had happened in hours, is more interested in their agenda than the news.

Last edited:

vantexan

Don't watch network news because I almost never turn on the tv anymore, but this popped up in my social media feeds. The tragedy is very sad, but to see that other main stream networks would decide to go after Trump for awhile instead of covering an attack doesn't make sense. To be completely insensitive an attack, a potential terror attack, is much bigger ratings than anything else out there yet other networks didn't touch it for over an hour.

Edit: I can understand waiting for facts to come out, but not a mention that an explosion of unknown origin and multiple people were hurt not to even get a "we've heard something along these lines and we're investigating" to instead focus Trump, while nothing new was had happened in hours, is more interested in their agenda than the news.
They're intent on downplaying the Muslim connection.

Nimnim

The Nim
It's not even a ignoring a Muslim connection that's the point. It's that some media outlets are more focused on Trump, good or bad, they're presenting a bias by focusing on Trump even while Trump isn't doing anything at the moment while a significant event is unfolding elsewhere.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

Edit: I can understand waiting for facts to come out, but not a mention that an explosion of unknown origin and multiple people were hurt not to even get a "we've heard something along these lines and we're investigating" to instead focus Trump, while nothing new about him had happened in hours, is more interested in their agenda than the news.
Pretty amazing that instead of covering the attack, or substance of Trump's overseas visit, or any real news at all, fox news chose to play this BS bias media card. Give me a break.

Nimnim

The Nim
Pretty amazing that instead of covering the attack, or substance of Trump's overseas visit, or any real news at all, fox news chose to play this BS bias media card. Give me a break.

I honestly couldn't tell you what was happening news wise 24 hours after the timeframe where this Tucker Carlson segment was talking about the day before. By that time Trump had moved on to Italy I think, and there was updates about the attack. A 5 minute segment complaining about an hour of nonobservance(immediately after the event) a day later isn't that much of a problem to me unless during that 5 minute time there was some revelation or some police conference that happened at the same time and they refused to stop and cut to it as that would really undermine their point. If something like that happened I'd be pointing my finger at Tucker over bias as he would be doing the same thing he complained about.

It will be fine

There's probably a good argument for downplaying all terrorist attacks. If the world reacts with a shrug and moves on with life as normal the effectiveness of the attacks goes down. It's like engaging with a toddler having a tantrum, if you ignore them and they don't get the reaction they're looking for they eventually stop throwing tantrums. Same argument for not using the name of mass shooters in news coverage. No fame for the perpetrators.