Media Bias

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Saw a video today of a cnn producer talking about covering Russia. If real our media is pathetic. He actually said "its all about ratings man. That ethics and stuff they teach you in journalism school....yeah that's cute but that's not how it works here."

You mean here...

NEW VERITAS VIDEO: American Pravda: CNN

Project Veritas has released a video of CNN Producer John Bonifield who was caught on hidden-camera admitting that there is no proof to CNN's Russia narrative.

"I mean, it's mostly bull:censored2: right now," Bonifield says. "Like, we don't have any giant proof."

He confirms that the driving factor at CNN is ratings:

"It's a business, people are like the media has an ethical phssssss... All the nice cutesy little ethics that used to get talked about in journalism school you're just like, that's adorable. That's adorable. This is a business."

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You mean here...

Project Veritas has released a video of CNN Producer John Bonifield who was caught on hidden-camera admitting that there is no proof to CNN's Russia narrative.

"I mean, it's mostly bull:censored2: right now," Bonifield says. "Like, we don't have any giant proof."

"It's a business, people are like the media has an ethical phssssss... All the nice cutesy little ethics that used to get talked about in journalism school you're just like, that's adorable. That's adorable. This is a business."
Yep he talked about how the CEO was basically like no one really cares about the climate accord. Get back to Russia.

Sportello

You mean here...

The medical producer. Veritas is meant ironically, right?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Study: TV News 'Obsessed' With Russia Investigation

The Media Research Center studied every broadcast network evening newscast in the past five weeks and found in a study released Tuesday that 55 percent of all coverage, or 353 minutes of airtime, focused on the ongoing probe into potential ties between President Donald Trump's campaign and the Russian government.

The Russia investigation received 20 times more airtime than the new health care bill, 100 times more airtime than the Trump administration's infrastructure initiatives, and 450 times more airtime than tax reform.

Coverage of the Russia investigation far outstripped any coverage of administration policy moves. Just 47 minutes were spent on the decision to withdraw from the Paris climate accord, 17 minutes were spent on the Republican effort to repeal and replace Obamacare, and only 47 seconds were spent on tax reform initiatives.

The study reviewed 364 evening news stories, covering 640 minutes, focused on Trump or members of his administration. The reports included 246 full stories, 36 anchor-read items, and 82 mentions of the administration. Of these, the Russia story featured in 171 stories—126 full reports, seven anchor-read items, and 38 other mentions.

rickyb

i think the MSM does 2 things to keep the money flowing to the top and everyone under control:

1. they expose government corruption which makes people cynical of political change. they probably also dont give enough coverage to what government does right especially considering we are a few decades into the age of neoliberalism
2. they make us feel like we are powerless because they dont cover activism enough

Catatonic

Nine Lives

The Media Research Center studied every broadcast network evening newscast in the past five weeks and found in a study released Tuesday that 55 percent of all coverage, or 353 minutes of airtime, focused on the ongoing probe into potential ties between President Donald Trump's campaign and the Russian government.

The Russia investigation received 20 times more airtime than the new health care bill, 100 times more airtime than the Trump administration's infrastructure initiatives, and 450 times more airtime than tax reform.

Coverage of the Russia investigation far outstripped any coverage of administration policy moves. Just 47 minutes were spent on the decision to withdraw from the Paris climate accord, 17 minutes were spent on the Republican effort to repeal and replace Obamacare, and only 47 seconds were spent on tax reform initiatives.

The study reviewed 364 evening news stories, covering 640 minutes, focused on Trump or members of his administration. The reports included 246 full stories, 36 anchor-read items, and 82 mentions of the administration. Of these, the Russia story featured in 171 stories—126 full reports, seven anchor-read items, and 38 other mentions.
Must be an old article ... I haven't heard anything about Russia since Charlottesville.

On to the next bauble.

rickyb

yea its retarded.

you wont hear them talking about media monopoly or moneys control over government every day.

rickyb

sick. some of americas allies are :censored2:ed up; israel, saudis, uk:

Jon Schwarz‏Verified account @tinyrevolution

Almost no one knows this but the president of Conaco, Conan O'Brien's production company, is Henry Kissinger's son

DIWRFlfW0AILRg4.jpg

rickyb

talking about he mainstream media.

HEDGES: Well yes of course. The debate corporation is run by the two major political parties and intentional excludes any candidate it who critiques empire, critiques globalism, neoliberalism, austerity, all of those programs that have been carried out internally as an assault especially on the working class and the poor and increasingly the middle class. And also those people who would critique our military adventurism abroad. Those voices are just not heard. They’re not heard as you correctly pointed out by pundits, most of whom are on the payroll of companies like Raytheon or Haliburton or have financial vested interests of arm sales. I think it’s important to note that as with the expansion of NATO in Eastern Europe, it makes no logical sense to continue these wars. We’ve lost the war in Afghanistan, the Taliban controls more territory now than when we went in. The Afghan army is as useless as the Iraqi army. But it doesn’t matter in a way because the profits which have quadrupled since the attacks of 9/11 on these arms companies Bowing and Lockheed Martin and everything else, it’s a good business. And just as the expansion of NATO has opened up new arms markets, these wars in the Middle East, a tomahawk cruise missile costs about 1.1 million dollars. We dropped about 130 of them in the first few days in Libya. That’s half a billion dollars. So that’s kind of what it’s been reduced to. And the two candidates both Trump and Clinton are not going to challenge this futile and wasteful and tragic military endless kind of military operation throughout the Muslim world. And those candidates that will raise those questions of course are silenced. They don’t have a voice and that’s completely intentional on the part of the two parties.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I just saw a $.05 spike in gasoline at Costco since Tues.
The panic has started , since the Texas refineries are off line and news reports are telling everyone to fill up now. In my case this was a scheduled refill ( about once every 3 weeks ) for my truck . I use the 1/4 left as my empty mark . If you have ever had a fuel pump break down , you should be doing this also.
Any way parts of NY and most of NE get their gas from St John N.B. , it's shipped by coastal tankers from The Irving Refinery ( the largest refinery in Canada , where they can process 300,000 barrels @ day ) . And it uses imported oil , it has stopped using crude oil from the USA.
( Canada’s Largest Refinery Shifts from Bakken Shale Oil to Brent Crudes )

moreluck

golden ticket member
I just watched a news conference with some head of FEMA or something to do with Hurricane Harvey.
One lady (bitch) reporter kept asking about the US gov't helping illegal immigrants. The guy answered her question over and over again. I was ready to tell her to take them to her house if she's that concerned!!

It will be fine

I just saw a $.05 spike in gasoline at Costco since Tues.
The panic has started , since the Texas refineries are off line and news reports are telling everyone to fill up now. In my case this was a scheduled refill ( about once every 3 weeks ) for my truck . I use the 1/4 left as my empty mark . If you have ever had a fuel pump break down , you should be doing this also.
Any way parts of NY and most of NE get their gas from St John N.B. , it's shipped by coastal tankers from The Irving Refinery ( the largest refinery in Canada , where they can process 300,000 barrels @ day ) . And it uses imported oil , it has stopped using crude oil from the USA.
( Canada’s Largest Refinery Shifts from Bakken Shale Oil to Brent Crudes )
It's a holiday weekend. SMH