medical marijuana card

NI3

My point is pot is treated as though it is way worse than alcohol, when in reality the opposite is true. I do not condone anyone driving under the influence.

It's also debatable if chugging McDonald's food everyday is more harmful than doing "hard" drugs once in a while from health point of view.

Recreational marijuana use is illegal, but stoners seem to think that their choice of drug is somehow "different". I think its a self confidence to think of himself as an illegal drug user but users of other drugs are.

Southwestern

Pot gets a really bad wrap in this country. Its far safer then alcohol and tabacco. It has no side effects, other then lazyness or over eating ( if here in America you could call that a real side effects ). And its never had a real legit report of causing deaths from its use.

The number of people who drink & drive while intoxicated would be staggering -- perhaps well over 1M in this country alone on the weekend. The number of those drivers who get into accidents is few. Has there every been a study monitoring drivers under the influence of marijuana? (I doubt it, since it'd be difficult to do.) What about legal, prescription drugs such as Vicodin? (As far as I'm concerned, any behavior that could negatively influence your driving and needlessly take away a life is foolish, whether it be drugs, texting, showing off, etc.)

U

uber

Maybe the question should be...How many go from pot to something "better" and become strung out for years ??....only they don't die 'til much later after they've destroyed family and themselves through their years of abuse. "Gateway"!

Less than the amount of people who try pot and stick to just smoking pot. Lifes about choices. If you are stupid enough to try meth (or a drug similar) knowing that it is horrible. That choice has nothing to do with smoking pot.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
This thread Was about medical marijuana.
I dont condone anyone driving under the influence. I was worried about driving my own vehicle, when on vicodin. I had to see how it would affect me. I was fine, but If I did not have a DOT, I would prefer pot to a pill. If it were legal medically, I would prefer it to any pain killer out there, as a younger person before I started driving, and had migraines, one or two puffs, gone. After being DOT certified, ER, a shot of demarol, thorazine or Darvon, disabled for a day.
It grows, its natural, and it cannot be compared to meth, made with bleach, brake fuilds, and drano, is capable of blowing up a house, and making it unlivable.
I dont get why anyone would compare the manufactured in a garage or basement drugs, to a simple plant with medicinal values.
The only reason it is illegal, is it would put some drug companies out of business. its a money maker. For law enforcement, lawyers, insurance companies. Yet many, many productive, very productive people use it daily.
From my experience from people I know who have used it since their teens, now in their 50s and 60s, they never went into harder drugs, because it was simply enough. I think people who use harder drugs, have no hope, no drive, and no goals. Polt didnt cause that.
All I can say is read up on it. Or try it, before you judge.
As for the conditions it helps, nausea from cancer treatments, gone. Chronic pain, fibromyalgia, MS, helps.
Especially now that it can be prescribed in a pill.
I live in Ohio, just miles from Michigan, and Wisconsin. Instead in Ohio, you have to take schedule 2 drugs which kill liver kidneys, and you cant function real well on them if you are still trying to work. You get tested every month, to see what else you are doing when really, you just want to live pain free. You get treated like a second class citizen because you need relief from pain. What a crock.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I just watched this weeks "Intervention". The one girl did 98 days in rehab off the booze and meth........, went home and relapsed with pot.

U

uber

I just watched this weeks "Intervention". The one girl did 98 days in rehab off the booze and meth........, went home and relapsed with pot.

She relapsed from booze and meth with pot? Weed isn't a physically addicting substance. If she was going to relapse, she was going to relapse. Or are you trying to insinuate that pot is as bad as meth?

U

uber

I'd be interested in seeing you try to mount a case for pot being more of a gateway to harder drugs then nicotine or alcohol... & certainly from a medical standpoint it's less harmful to the user.

only a limited % of the population are prone to addictions, most seek/are capable of avoiding that sort of slavery.

menotyou

bella amicizia
If you use a vaporizer, you eliminate the potential for lung disease. At that point, I haven't met a doctor who will tell me pot should not be used. Most will say do.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Unless and until marijuana is legalized at the federal level, posession of a state-issued medical card will not save the job of a UPS employee who tests positive after being involved in a serious accident or who reports to work noticeably impaired.

I think that maraijuana has very little if any medical value, and that most poeple who get cards do so simply to reduce their risk of legal complications if they get busted. I personally feel that it should be legalized, for the simple reason that people should for the most part be allowed to choose for themselves what substances to ingest into their bodies. Prohibiting it is a complete waste of time and taxpayer money.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Unless and until marijuana is legalized at the federal level, posession of a state-issued medical card will not save the job of a UPS employee who tests positive after being involved in a serious accident or who reports to work noticeably impaired.

I think that maraijuana has very little if any medical value, and that most poeple who get cards do so simply to reduce their risk of legal complications if they get busted. I personally feel that it should be legalized, for the simple reason that people should for the most part be allowed to choose for themselves what substances to ingest into their bodies. Prohibiting it is a complete waste of time and taxpayer money.
Good post, the only thing I disagree with is its medicinal value.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
The number of people who drink & drive while intoxicated would be staggering -- perhaps well over 1M in this country alone on the weekend. The number of those drivers who get into accidents is few. Has there every been a study monitoring drivers under the influence of marijuana? (I doubt it, since it'd be difficult to do.) What about legal, prescription drugs such as Vicodin? (As far as I'm concerned, any behavior that could negatively influence your driving and needlessly take away a life is foolish, whether it be drugs, texting, showing off, etc.)

Oh yea, there are many driving under the drink. The ones who get caught or cause horrible accidents are the stories we hear about on the news. It's like shark attacks, maybe 10-20 happen a year, but when it does the story is all over the news. I've driven with a few drinks, I regret doing so, and will never do so again. But drinking a few beers and driving wasnt a problem.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader

I believe that, its still an illegal substance. Punishment should vary by company policy.

The war on drugs is a huge waste of time and money. They still stalk about it, the war, and its been talked about since the Nixon era. You need to watch Pen and Teller BS: the war on drugs. Watch all three parts, its very informative. They can been seen on the same page. Penn & Teller: "The War On Drugs" -pt1 YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. <-- go here, copy and paste the penn and teller part, the whole thing. Watch -pt2 and -pt3 too. They both will be on the same page as the first.

Edit: warning.. strong words used. warning..

As for medical ability, I disagree with you. People that are going through radiation, tumors and many others have been given a new life because of pot. Theres examples in those videos above, as well as the war on drugs. I wish for all of you to see this video, very educational. Its only 30 sum minutes long. I hope mods dont mind, watch it too mods, great show.

Last edited: