Medicare for All Price-tag 32.6 Trillion!

newfie

There is no scientific basis upon which to refute the Bible’s claim of ages for ancient individuals. The ages written down in the Bible are intended to be understood as literal and are essential to both the identification of the Messiah and as well as other prophecies in the Bible.

you cant do it can you?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
c) you haters love to use science to debunk the bible , well ? have at it . where is your scientific proof that this never happened?
Actually there is considerable scientific evidence.
The skeletal remains, in particular the teeth, have growth rings and there has never been any remains were older than 60ish.
While 165 is more believable than 800plus for Methuselah, there is no scientific evidence for it.

I am a very spiritual person, I make it a point to never try to prove my spiritual/ religious beliefs.
Spiritual and religious beliefs are based on faith ... not science!

Turdferguson

Just a turd
There is no scientific basis upon which to refute the Bible’s claim of ages for ancient individuals. The ages written down in the Bible are intended to be understood as literal and are essential to both the identification of the Messiah and as well as other prophecies in the Bible.

you cant do it can you?

I chose not to. Your beliefs are your own. I wouldn't presume to try and force my beliefs on anybody

newfie

Actually there is considerable scientific evidence.
The skeletal remains, in particular the teeth, have growth rings and there has never been any remains were older than 60ish.
While 165 is more believable than 800plus for Methuselah, there is no scientific evidence for it.

I am a very spiritual person, I make it a point to never try to prove my spiritual/ religious beliefs.

I'm not making an argument for 800 years but the possibility of 175

a scientist can assess the aging and compare it to modern day examples and make an educated "guess" as to the age of that individual. they really dont know if that aging on that skeleton occured in 40 years or 200 years.

rickyb

Andrew Weil, M.D. is a world-renowned leader and pioneer in the field of integrative medicine, a healing oriented approach to health care, which encompasses body, mind, and spirit. Dr. Weil is Director of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine at the University of Arizona and an internationally-recognized expert for his views on leading a healthy lifestyle. Among his many publications is the book, “Mind Over Meds: Know When Drugs Are Necessary, When Alternatives Are Better and When to Let Your Body Heal on Its Own.”

“There are between two and four hundred thousand deaths a year in the U.S. hospitalized population alone directly caused by medications. And this is not mistakes. This is the right dose. The right indications. The right patients. And that many people die, making it something like the fourth leading cause of death in the hospitalized population.” Dr. Andrew Weil, author of “Mind Over Meds: Know When Drugs Are Necessary, When Alternatives Are Better and When to Let Your Body Heal on Its Own.”

rickyb

know how i know single payer is cheaper than Americas for profit system?

bc the current system is the most expensive in the world...

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I'm not making an argument for 800 years but the possibility of 175 ... a scientist can assess the aging and compare it to modern day examples and make an educated "guess" as to the age of that individual. they really don't know if that aging on that skeleton occurred in 40 years or 200 years.
I believe strongly you have the right to have faith in whatever you want, as long as that belief does not hurt or infringe on others.

As long as anyone of faith tries to argue their beliefs based on science ... they are doing a disservice to the Higher Power they they believe in and rely on.

It will be fine

Andrew Weil, M.D. is a world-renowned leader and pioneer in the field of integrative medicine, a healing oriented approach to health care, which encompasses body, mind, and spirit. Dr. Weil is Director of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine at the University of Arizona and an internationally-recognized expert for his views on leading a healthy lifestyle. Among his many publications is the book, “Mind Over Meds: Know When Drugs Are Necessary, When Alternatives Are Better and When to Let Your Body Heal on Its Own.”

“There are between two and four hundred thousand deaths a year in the U.S. hospitalized population alone directly caused by medications. And this is not mistakes. This is the right dose. The right indications. The right patients. And that many people die, making it something like the fourth leading cause of death in the hospitalized population.” Dr. Andrew Weil, author of “Mind Over Meds: Know When Drugs Are Necessary, When Alternatives Are Better and When to Let Your Body Heal on Its Own.”
Sounds like a bad use of statistics, how many of those people are old, already very sick or otherwise compromised? Saying a bunch of people die after taking the correct prescribed medications without acknowledging their underlying conditions is only meant to sell his snake oil book.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

Coincidentally, I am reading a book by A. Weil titled "From Chocolate to Morphine".

514kfkOj-4L._SX373_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg