Medication and Package Car

LVDwantsmore

I’ve been a UPSer for almost 12 years. During my time at the company I’ve gone through some ups and downs like everyone else does. Long story short, I was an addict for a couple of years. I’ve been clean for over two years but I still take medication so I don’t fall back into that vicious cycle. My prescribing doctor will not sign off on my DOT even though I’ve been cleared to go back to work without restrictions. What can I do or who can I go to about this?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I’ve been a UPSer for almost 12 years. During my time at the company I’ve gone through some ups and downs like everyone else does. Long story short, I was an addict for a couple of years. I’ve been clean for over two years but I still take medication so I don’t fall back into that vicious cycle. My prescribing doctor will not sign off on my DOT even though I’ve been cleared to go back to work without restrictions. What can I do or who can I go to about this?

What kinda meds we talking about

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Two years clean. Great news. Stay strong.
Maybe someone with some authority in the rehab program you were involved in or if a lawyer was involved anywhere in the process, could make the call to your doctor.

LVDwantsmore

O
There is a list of drugs you can take

and still have a dot card don’t think Subox is on it

Maybe talk to somebody at the union hall if you pay dues

I don’t believe it’s on the list either. I think it’s more my doctor not wanting to be held liable if anything. It’s quite challenging to find a prescribing doctor in my area and under my insurance that actually cares for my well-being. It’s the same three questions every visit each month.