Medication and Package Car

Discussion in 'Health and Medical Topics' started by LVDwantsmore, Oct 23, 2018.

1. LVDwantsmore

LVDwantsmore New Member

I’ve been a UPSer for almost 12 years. During my time at the company I’ve gone through some ups and downs like everyone else does. Long story short, I was an addict for a couple of years. I’ve been clean for over two years but I still take medication so I don’t fall back into that vicious cycle. My prescribing doctor will not sign off on my DOT even though I’ve been cleared to go back to work without restrictions. What can I do or who can I go to about this?

2. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

What kinda meds we talking about

3. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

You're doctor won't sign off on your DOT what ?

4. TheBrownFlush

TheBrownFlush Well-Known Member

Two years clean. Great news. Stay strong.
    Maybe someone with some authority in the rehab program you were involved in or if a lawyer was involved anywhere in the process, could make the call to your doctor.

5. LVDwantsmore

LVDwantsmore New Member

Suboxone

6. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

There is a list of drugs you can take

and still have a dot card don’t think Subox is on it

Maybe talk to somebody at the union hall if you pay dues

7. LVDwantsmore

LVDwantsmore New Member

O
    I don’t believe it’s on the list either. I think it’s more my doctor not wanting to be held liable if anything. It’s quite challenging to find a prescribing doctor in my area and under my insurance that actually cares for my well-being. It’s the same three questions every visit each month.

8. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

I'd like to see that list, do you know of a link?

9. LVDwantsmore

LVDwantsmore New Member

I don’t have a link but it can be found easily if you check the DOT website in your state.

10. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

No I had it years ago

I had a heart attack when I was 39 had to have the Dr. change my medicines up so I could qualify for a DOT card

it’s got to be on the inter webs