UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I'm in the same fund. It was on a collision course for years but the trustees continued to bury their heads in the sand. If you dared to bring it up during a union meeting and possible ways of rectifying the situation, you were almost tarred and feathered. Oh well.
All good now, I submitted my paperwork while there’s 30 years of money in it now

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Presentation ends retires for executive session.
Before our B.A. is barely out of the room, in less than 3 minutes, he's stopped and told the grievances are denied. JW won't even look him in the eye. 3 minutes is not deliberation. Company was chided for changing exhibits but they still denied the grievances. The political motivation is obviously on the TU side, our BA put on a stellar case. Facts are simple: Company subcontracted local work without exhausting all means including utilizing Feeder drivers in Package. Stop trying to look for reasons to justify TU selling out the members.
....and maybe you are just stumping for your principal officer and international candidate on the opposing slate?
Screenshot_20210814-153307_Chrome.jpg

What'dyabringmetoday???

I'm not going to pretend.... I know anything about your pension plan.

We all (still) laugh about (you know who).
It's a long story but basically "they" decided to increase the benefit years ago - incidentally when some of "them" were starting to plan on retiring. "They" rely on UPS to foot the bill and the rest is history. The fund has bled nearly to death. And now I'm afraid "they" have taken a too little too late approach. You think maybe the amount of money UPS ends up paying in can be tied to the decline in working conditions? As in jamming the crap out of delivery guys, etc. Oh well.

UnionStrong

Exactly- I wouldn't plan on purchasing that vacation home (based on what your pension "might" be) just yet.
I know what it is, I should be getting my first check next month. The provision of the bailout was that there were no reductions in the pension and the ones that had been reduced we’re going to not only be brought back up but be made whole retroactively. It’s signed law. You can find it on line.

UnionStrong

Exactly- I wouldn't plan on purchasing that vacation home (based on what your pension "might" be) just yet.
The worst funds will get it this year and the others can apply in 2022. It’s basically the Butch Lewis act on steroids. That had a provision that the union had to pay the money back eventually but once the Dems got power they just gave the teamsters the money, no repayment requirement.

What'dyabringmetoday???

I know what it is, I should be getting my first check next month. The provision of the bailout was that there were no reductions in the pension and the ones that had been reduced we’re going to not only be brought back up but be made whole retroactively. It’s signed law. You can find it on line.
Again- I'm aware of what you speak of. Let's see some documentation on how much money each fund has gotten.

oldngray

nowhere special
The worst funds will get it this year and the others can apply in 2022. It’s basically the Butch Lewis act on steroids. That had a provision that the union had to pay the money back eventually but once the Dems got power they just gave the teamsters the money, no repayment requirement.
I'm not sure that is how it works either. My understanding was that it was more to fund PBGC enough so it wouldn't go bankrupt.

UnionStrong

I'm not sure that is how it works either. My understanding was that it was more to fund PBGC enough so it wouldn't go bankrupt.
That was a separate thing, the main thing was a straight cash bailout. If you google teamsters pension bailout with 1.9 trillion COVID bill, there’s a ton of articles

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Doesn't make sense. We like TU. Someone's got some explaining to do.

Btw: JW is not the whole TU slate.
Who is we? I'm not hearing any explanations, just a excuses, deflection, and kill the messenger. No JW isn't the whole slate but when such actions are tolerated by those at the top it speaks volumes.