DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
The fix was proposed. The Ohio membership voted it down. A real shame.

The so called fix was to divert .03 cents from every full timer’s raises under the Ohio Rider for one year...to make up the difference..

The members that voted “NO” on average cleared 30,000 a year more than the ones who voted “YES”...

It was the most disgraceful display of Union Solidarity... it was truly pathetic...

Sent a real message to the Company...

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Can you explain to us what you mean by "without deliberation", are you saying there was no executive session at the conclusion of presentations, rebuttals and questions from the Panel at this hearing?
I find that very hard to believe.

....and while you are at it, tell us why you would think a National Panel would offer an explanation when rendering a decision?
In my long history of participating in Panel hearings, I have never been offered an explanation outside of or in a sidebar (off the record) conversation.

As far as changing exhibits on rebuttal, that makes little sense either and would be a classic point of order.
Now if a party says the wrong thing, opening a door in their presentation for the other party to enter additional exhibits into the record in rebuttal, that is possible.

This post is vague and lacking in facts at best and likely motivated by political agenda ultimately.

I'm not buying it at this point.
Presentation ends retires for executive session.
Before our B.A. is barely out of the room, in less than 3 minutes, he's stopped and told the grievances are denied. JW won't even look him in the eye. 3 minutes is not deliberation. Company was chided for changing exhibits but they still denied the grievances. The political motivation is obviously on the TU side, our BA put on a stellar case. Facts are simple: Company subcontracted local work without exhausting all means including utilizing Feeder drivers in Package. Stop trying to look for reasons to justify TU selling out the members.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
What was the essence of the grievances pertaining to and who presented them?
Hopefully this doesn't seem like ignorant questions but there's not much info to shed light onto what was going on.
I gave all the information you should need if you are Feeder or know Feeders. Subcontracting is when the Company uses an outside chicken hauler to run our loads, in this case Cosic. I said it was Local work which means it's not Sleepers i.e. Panthera, it's rail turns, turns between hubs, and Amazon. We have drivers available not called or offered the extra work and some in Package. You couldn't ask for a more clear violation of subcontracting rules. Our B.A. presents grievances at the National.

Big Rigger

I gave all the information you should need if you are Feeder or know Feeders. Subcontracting is when the Company uses an outside chicken hauler to run our loads, in this case Cosic. I said it was Local work which means it's not Sleepers i.e. Panthera, it's rail turns, turns between hubs, and Amazon. We have drivers available not called or offered the extra work and some in Package. You couldn't ask for a more clear violation of subcontracting rules. Our B.A. presents grievances at the National.
Doesn't make sense. We like TU. Someone's got some explaining to do.

Btw: JW is not the whole TU slate.

Inthegame

150 bundled grievances regarding subcontracted LOCAL work were denied, DENIED, by the National Air Committee without deliberation or explanation even after the Company was caught changing some of their exhibits on rebuttal.

Facts are simple: Company subcontracted local work without exhausting all means including utilizing Feeder drivers in Package.
I gave all the information you should need if you are Feeder or know Feeders. Subcontracting is when the Company uses an outside chicken hauler to run our loads, in this case Cosic. I said it was Local work which means it's not Sleepers i.e. Panthera, it's rail turns, turns between hubs, and Amazon.

Hmmm...why or how did a subcontracting case concerning non air work get docketed before the National Air Committee?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Don’t forget about the Ohio Rider Clerical Pensions ...that need fixing for the longest...

Don’t ask why...just trust me..

I listened to some crap about that for a couple years.

I'll say what I told them.... they had the chance to vote and elected not to be put in Central States.

Their reasoning was, they didn't want to be in a "mafia" controlled pension plan and trusted the company more.

Really.... are any of those clerks still working ?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Hmmm...why or how did a subcontracting case concerning non air work get docketed before the National Air Committee?

I'd like to know that also. And that being the case, how did they even get to rebuttal ?

The company could have taken a "point of order" claiming the grievance was improper before that committee.

Inthegame

I'd like to know that also. And that being the case, how did they even get to rebuttal ?

The company could have taken a "point of order" claiming the grievance was improper before that committee.
A "POO" (what an accurate acronym) should have been called about 20-30 seconds into presentation. But once it advanced to rebuttal, any point of order would be mute.

Unless both sides were asleep or shenanigans were prearranged, the docketing itself should have been corrected at the reading of the docket.

Something smells fishy.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I listened to some crap about that for a couple years.

I'll say what I told them.... they had the chance to vote and elected not to be put in Central States.

Their reasoning was, they didn't want to be in a "mafia" controlled pension plan and trusted the company more.

Really.... are any of those clerks still working ?

So it is “crap” 💩.. and you stopped listening.

Who did you tell?... and no they did not have a chance to switch to the Central States Plan, have direct evidence to dispute that claim.

We’re you around when the Union Clerks signed the cards to become Teamster members..before my time also, I believe it was in the early seventies. They stayed with the company plan because of their vested time. Back then the “Mafia” was very active in the Central States investments. So that statement would be true.

Recently we had a 50 year full time clerk under the Ohio Rider Pension retire at 2,250 a month. After years of fighting with his local and writing the International for help or even acknowledgement, crickets 🦗...and help never given.

I believe that there are only 3 active out of the 62 back in 1995.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

Who did you tell?... and no they did not have a chance to switch to the Central States Plan, have direct evidence to dispute that claim.

We’re you around when the Union Clerks signed the cards to become Teamster members..before my time also, I believe it was in the early seventies. They stayed with the company plan because of their vested time. Back then the “Mafia” was very active in the Central States investments. So that statement would be true.

Recently we had a 50 year full time clerk under the Ohio Rider Pension retire at 2,250 a month. After years of fighting with his local and writing the International for help or even acknowledgement, crickets 🦗...and help never given.

I believe that there are only 3 active out of the 62 back in 1995.
The central states pension was always envied at my local, and look what happened, they had there pension cut in half, and my pension is better! Someone screwed up! In my opinion, pensions should be THE number one priority for the next union president! If our pay is the same nationally why don’t we have a uniform pension?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

I listened to "their" crap.

and no they did not have a chance to switch to the Central States Plan, have direct evidence to dispute that claim.

If you have something to dispute that claim.... I'd like to see it.

Because, I knew nothing it about it until I became their BA.

I researched it.

The 2 or 3 original clerks (left in my Local) helped fill me in on the details.

(they were the ones giving me so much smilet)

If you have something, feel free to send me a PM.