Jlandry

Lol. These people who are on here supporting Fred, Taibi, Wright , Hicks and a few others on that ticket will see the true light of the good ol boys club. Hahahaha. Buyer beware. Sean will be good for the teamsters. Those names I just gave will not be good for the members. You will see

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
We are obviously going to disagree...Just look at the vote, if you subtract the clueless part timers who were willing to vote on anything to get that 3 dollar an hour raise, the vast majority of the "NO" votes were cast by high seniority full timers in all the regions. These 22.4's were a "Concession" no matter what you say, producing a continuing four year progression of minor league RPCD's, that would still be making 5 dollar less per hour than their counterparts once they hit top rate. These 22.4's are not bid the same way as RPCD's, they sign up on a extra work list inside the building that for the most part are ignored by seniority part timers...They were designed to be filled by outside new hires, any protection language for our current RPCD's does not apply to these 22.4's..(9.5) protection.
So? Cover drivers finally had the opportunity to go friend/t then convert to RCPD later. No one here complains about 22.4s. They did not want to work Sat or Sun so 22.4. They wanted 9.5s to go down, 22.4s helped. They love that management has to go 22.4 as part of the ratio. You want to push that 22.4 was a concession and I get that but it's not in the West when the option was forcing "any non-consecutive 5 days in 7" as Zuckerman did so they could staff Saturday & Sunday delivery. Get off the propaganda and read some actual contracts OZ has negotiated.
What if the Company decides next contract to negotiate a two tier pay scale in your Feeder Departments, bypassing seniority and any bidding rights on start times...A permanent "On Call List", would you have a problem with that? Your point of view that these 22.4 positions will be paying into your Pension and Health and Welfare funds and that is all that matters goes against the concept of Equal Union Work for Equal Union Pay..
We negotiate our own work rules but since you bring it up, you should probably look at who has negotiated part-time Feeder (O'Brien). Oh so now you think there is some great inequity? Where is this concept you speak of in the contract? Is it in Article 40?
That 2/3..50% Participation clause that you believed Hoffa had to apply because he had not choice is false....After the tallies were counted and the Company discovered that it was voted down, they issued an official statement that they were : Willing to go back to the table and continue further negotiations"... Hoffa and the negotiation committee declined to go further and forced the contract...."WHY"?
We had a vote and the 2/3 margin was not met. You don't get a do-over because you don't like it. This idea that we can just ignore rules we don't like without going through the official process to change them is immature. Get over it. Why couldn't you get the vote out? Did you just put all your efforts on social media that has lost TDU election after election?
Why are you so scared of "Ron Carey"...? (Fear mongering)...what is so scary that a "strike"...
Were you even here in 1997?
Where you around in l997?...Even Hoffa supported that strike because of the Company's failed attempt of taking over our pensions (nationwide). There will be no national strike, lockout or labor stoppage in 2023...the economic conditions are too perilous, and that Central States Issue is finally resolved, What major issue would cause either party to force a strike now...?
I've been here over 32 years dude. Supporting the strike while it was happening was one thing and I did to a level you could not even match. The fact is we were sold a pack of lies. That was a pissing match between Ron Carey and Jim Kelly. Carey was itching to strike and got us to authorize it when he could have just kept negotiating and working under the old contract. Any maroon should know that you don't strike in August especially in Phoenix when it's 110+. You wait until November when a strike will have more effect and exert more pressure. O'Brien isn't that smart but he's itching to strike too as are all of your "vote no" people. Again, mark my words.
It will a first national negotiated Contract for both parties in leadership..Carol will probably want to start early to get it over with, and O'Brien or Vairma will be willing to do the same...This Pandemic has changed the timetable and the rules...
Vairma will get us a fair contract, O'Brien will be unreasonable and push the Company into a corner. Keep stock on how many new loaded trucks your members buy next year, how many houses.....they will be the first to cross.

How many more deflective posts are you going to make that ignore the facts about JW harming my members, cheating us out of Feeder jobs and $58,000 in penalty pay? Lot of false concern for a subclass of Package driver when you ignore that the more who move into Feeder means more RCPDs.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Wasn't the contract vote in 2018 done electronically, either by phone or the internet?
Does this somehow make my point about the lack of participation less valid? Should it have been a Facebook poll? One of those Instagram Q&A's? Maybe there is a Tik Tok option you can suggest that will motivate people to participate?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
So? Cover drivers finally had the opportunity to go friend/t then convert to RCPD later. No one here complains about 22.4s. They did not want to work Sat or Sun so 22.4. They wanted 9.5s to go down, 22.4s helped. They love that management has to go 22.4 as part of the ratio. You want to push that 22.4 was a concession and I get that but it's not in the West when the option was forcing "any non-consecutive 5 days in 7" as Zuckerman did so they could staff Saturday & Sunday delivery. Get off the propaganda and read some actual contracts OZ has negotiated.

We negotiate our own work rules but since you bring it up, you should probably look at who has negotiated part-time Feeder (O'Brien). Oh so now you think there is some great inequity? Where is this concept you speak of in the contract? Is it in Article 40?

We had a vote and the 2/3 margin was not met. You don't get a do-over because you don't like it. This idea that we can just ignore rules we don't like without going through the official process to change them is immature. Get over it. Why couldn't you get the vote out? Did you just put all your efforts on social media that has lost TDU election after election?

Were you even here in 1997?

I've been here over 32 years dude. Supporting the strike while it was happening was one thing and I did to a level you could not even match. The fact is we were sold a pack of lies. That was a pissing match between Ron Carey and Jim Kelly. Carey was itching to strike and got us to authorize it when he could have just kept negotiating and working under the old contract. Any maroon should know that you don't strike in August especially in Phoenix when it's 110+. You wait until November when a strike will have more effect and exert more pressure. O'Brien isn't that smart but he's itching to strike too as are all of your "vote no" people. Again, mark my words.

Vairma will get us a fair contract, O'Brien will be unreasonable and push the Company into a corner. Keep stock on how many new loaded trucks your members buy next year, how many houses.....they will be the first to cross.

How many more deflective posts are you going to make that ignore the facts about JW harming my members, cheating us out of Feeder jobs and $58,000 in penalty pay? Lot of false concern for a subclass of Package driver when you ignore that the more who move into Feeder means more RCPDs.

Good rebuttal...but for :

"Vairma will get us a (Fair)..(NOT GREAT) contract, O'Brien will be unreasonable and push the Company into a corner. Keep stock on how many new loaded trucks (your) members buy next year, how many houses.....(They will be the first to cross.")...(You are beginning to sound like the 2018 negotiating committees).. :beafraid:

:fantasysmiley:

Obviously...You been living in California too long...and do not know (OUR) Members.

:villagewrong:.....:strikesmileys::strikesmileys::strikesmileys::strikesmileys::strikesmileys:

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
<yawn> Thanks for playing.
Ah....straight out of Dave's play book.
That'll score you big point s here.
Does this somehow make my point about the lack of participation less valid? Should it have been a Facebook poll? One of those Instagram Q&A's? Maybe there is a Tik Tok option you can suggest that will motivate people to participate?
Nope, just shows again how you really don't know what you are talking about and are only here to advance the political agenda of your local's Principal Officer.

542thruNthru

It would've been a win had they replaced cover drivers with 22.4s, but now they have both.
If we were to remove the cover driver language we would have lost the utility bid ratio language as well. That would have been very bad because its extra protection in the Southwest to force the company to create more FT utility driver's.

If we were to remove the cover driver language we would have lost the utility bid ratio language as well. That would have been very bad because its extra protection in the Southwest to force the company to create more FT utility driver's.
I don't disagree, but, I'm also not going to say 22.4s aren't a concession because of them.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Ah....straight out of Dave's play book.
That'll score you big point s here.
If that's the Dave I think you are referring to he would have stolen that from me.
Nope, just shows again how you really don't know what you are talking about and are only here to advance the political agenda of your local's Principal Officer.
You're splitting hairs because you are desperate and have your head so far up OZazzz you are fine with sacrificing my members and good Feeder jobs. That speaks volumes about you and your agenda.