Merry Christmas!

oldngray

nowhere special
Doesn't that discriminate with same sex partners who can't make babies? Its only a matter of time before we see lawsuits.

Bizzob232

2nd generation UPSer
Right and wrong in this case is semantics. Legally he is right, morally and ethically..... Put it this way he's not wrong. I agree it's usually SOP to take the time when the child is born but quite frankly who cares when you take it? I wouldn't have done it, but who am I to judge someone else?

Let's say you work in a smaller center with 24-28 routes on road (non-Peak) and up to 36 routes during Peak. One of your co-workers became a new Daddy in January and has decided to take his (unpaid) FMLA during Peak for no reason other than he is legally allowed to do so. Peak is when we need everyone to show up every day and the last thing we need is someone who wants to use a perk designed for medical issues to hang out with his kid and watch Barney.

To be fair, who cares if I like it, it's not my job to staff the building. Ill bring the fat checks home and shower my wife and daughter with gifts. I do in fact work at a building like that 35-40 routes a day no more than 55 at peak. It's really not much different than a co-worker getting injured, it sucks but somehow the packages get delivered everyday regardless. I don't disagree with your outrage over the issue but I can't worry about what other people do, I can only control me

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Let's say you work in a smaller center with 24-28 routes on road (non-Peak) and up to 36 routes during Peak. One of your co-workers became a new Daddy in January and has decided to take his (unpaid) FMLA during Peak for no reason other than he is legally allowed to do so. Peak is when we need everyone to show up every day and the last thing we need is someone who wants to use a perk designed for medical issues to hang out with his kid and watch Barney.
I love you, you love me, were a happy family.
​Can still here it like it was yesterday.