Merry Peak: how goes it?

Box_Junkie

This is my first peak...Its going just as I expected, chaos! This last week it really hit. I've had one 9.8 day, three 10.6 days, and a 11.4 day!:mad: One day was 180 stops and 164 miles, 60 business stops and the rest country and I mean country! I had a school to del. to that I could'nt get to until 4PM! They created this split route outta even and odd sides of the main strip (business) 1 big resi subdivision, and country off of 3 diff. routes! Only got a helper one day for 2 hr.:thumbup1: I'm not bitching just sharing. Is your peak going just as bad or worse?

No Talent Clown

You sound like you are complaining about your lack of help.....Don't the helpers get in the way? Secondly, you say you're in a very rural route....where could you use the helper and use them properly? In the commercial deliveries? Otherwise if you use them for resi's all they become is "runners". Which defeats the proper purpose.

over9five

Staff member
Peak is the other 11 months here. I had about 48 hours this week, the least I've had in months. This thanks to the extra routes that are in.

Box_Junkie

I agree totally on the helper issue, they are in the way and slow me down. Especially since our boards are diad4 and the helper boards are diad2's:confused:1 . So after I upload both boards with EDD and PU the helper, UPS wants at least 40 stops in the helper board. Which means after it is completed in the diad 2, I have to go and put the PKG. as "NTFND" in the diad 4, so that the EDD screens still match....what a joke! Plus I have to relearn where some of the keys are on that mondo board, since I'm now used to the diad 4, and the helper I had was off the street.
Yes, my route is pretty rural the last half of the day, so all my helper would be good for is conversation, or running packages while I sort the mess in the back of the car. I tried useing the helper for my bussiness, but had so many airs that day that air is all I did for the majority of the time that I had the help.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Peak is the other 11 months here. I had about 48 hours this week, the least I've had in months. This thanks to the extra routes that are in.

Im with you, This is the best I have had it all year. Ive probaly had one 9.5 a week for the last two.

I LOVE PEAK tho. I love delivering at night, when everything is pretty, and all the lights are on, even in the hood. I love the way people rush to the door and so happy to see their stuff has arrived. I never get a jumper as I wouldnt need them until eve, and only for a few hrs, nothing that would utilize one properly. Merry Christmas to all!!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I'm am wore out already. I got a Helper October 18th and extra splits so it would be efficient to use him. We were hitting 200 stops a day last week, and extra Split Routes should be in this week. This is my first Peak on EDD, we waste a lot of time early in the day looking for "not founds" and running around a badly looped area. Once we get on trace, we knock out 30-35 stops an hour. I have to get some sorting space on the shelf and working room to get rolling good. Peak will be alright though, the stops come off one at a time and it will be over in fifteen more working days.

Yes, I keep track of how many days are left until Christmas. I wish I could think of some lyrics to rewrite "The Twelve Days of Christmas" and replace them with a song I would call "The Twelve Days of Peak Season". Maybe someone could start a new thread and we could all pitch in and do this?:wink:

old levi's

blank space
Yes, I keep track of how many days are left until Christmas. I wish I could think of some lyrics to rewrite "The Twelve Days of Christmas" and replace them with a song I would call "The Twelve Days of Peak Season". Maybe someone could start a new thread and we could all pitch in and do this?:wink:

Hey scratch king, How about :

5 Bowflex Gyms.............

SmithBarney

Lets see monday 190 stops 50 miles done at 6:30 I was superman that day don't know how I did it.(regularly 150-160 stops done at 5:30)

Thursday 225(w/helper) stops, done at 9pm
Friday ran 220 stops(125 for me, and 95 was my helper) done at 5PM

Preloader quit, on friday... notice a difference.

disneyworld

I'm am wore out already. I got a Helper October 18th and extra splits so it would be efficient to use him. We were hitting 200 stops a day last week, and extra Split Routes should be in this week. This is my first Peak on EDD, we waste a lot of time early in the day looking for "not founds" and running around a badly looped area. Once we get on trace, we knock out 30-35 stops an hour. I have to get some sorting space on the shelf and working room to get rolling good. Peak will be alright though, the stops come off one at a time and it will be over in fifteen more working days.

12 hours days 11 misloads 10 inches of snow 9 dell computers 8 oncall airs 7 new p/u 6 helpers quit 5 bowflex gyms 4 stuffed shelves 3 useless sups 2 select comfort beds and a preloader in the hub

Last edited:

DS

Fenderbender
12 hours days 11 misloads 10 inches of snow 9 dell computers 8 oncall airs 7 new p/u 6 helpers quit 5 bowflex gyms 4 stuffed shelves 3 useless sups 2 select comfort beds and a preloader in the hub
:yes: heres a few more!

12 cod`s,11 bad addresses,10 extra stops,9 call the centers,
8 late air meets,7 code 05`s,6 leaking boxes,5 bowflex gyms,
4 over 12`s,3 feet of snow,2 sore elbows and a bad back
and water on the knee.

Box_Junkie

164 miles is not a rural route. Try 286.
We have some like that too...250 miles but there only 100 stops. 15 of my 164 miles are 60 stops of bussiness and a suburb. The other ~149 miles are 100 stops of country with some more bussiness mixed in (small surrounding towns).

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member

Disneyworld,
Great job, you've got it!:thumbup1: