How do you plan your route stops?

bumped

I follow Orion. I deliver until I feel I have to run just air to make the commit time. I get back on trace and deliver until 4:00 and then break off and deliver any remaining businesses. Get back on trace and finish.

JustDeliverIt

I follow Orion. I deliver until I feel I have to run just air to make the commit time. I get back on trace and deliver until 4:00 and then break off and deliver any remaining businesses. Get back on trace and finish.

Exactly. We are paid to follow a blue line. Do that and watch your stop count drop and you don’t need to plan anything.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Figure out a way to run it that’s efficient for you and your customers and do the same thing every. Single. Day.

JL 0513

The map in DIAD 6 is definitely a game changer. It eliminates needing to scroll for stops. I often just stay in map view in neighborhoods (if you are in map view and make a stop, it remains). Just tap on the next blue icon closest to you and go. Also makes it easy to work off the right side of a main road without Orion wanting to criss-cross.

pkgdriver

The map in DIAD 6 is definitely a game changer. It eliminates needing to scroll for stops. I often just stay in map view in neighborhoods (if you are in map view and make a stop, it remains). Just tap on the next blue icon closest to you and go. Also makes it easy to work off the right side of a main road without Orion wanting to criss-cross.
As much as a piece of garbage DIAD6 is the Map Mode would have helped when I was cover driving.

Steamer

So, I am a newbie when come to driving, but I learned from old fart during peak season, and I understand how old drivers doesnt follow Orion. Been on the route on my own for a few days without Supp.

1st day was horrible when i tried to follow Orion ( I am unfamiliar with the neighborhood). 100 stops (5 airs) and a few extra packages on the truck came out of nowhere cost me over 3 hours overdue.

Today was 2nd day, and I had 140 stops I stopped using Orion and just cherry pick the stops on the EDD (Map for DIAD 6). It saved me a lot but I am still over 80 minutes overdue for the assignment. Is there any better method to help plan the route for the unfamiliar areas (mostly single-home Resi with a bunch of dead ends and loops).
What I did was took a photo of the route on the computer in the AM or when I got back later in the day. Then went home and plugged those stops into Google maps on a PC. By the time you are finished with making that map you will know a lot of the route. Do it again and again and boom you know it. I was coming in an hour early to qualify. Now I'm like an hour late everyday. Go figure. 8-)

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
I don’t personally need the map but it seems like every other day it stopped working halfway through the day and nothing will fix it lol feel sorry for those that need it
I use the overview map to get a visual of my stops so I don’t have to scroll through ORION to make sure it’s not going to have me double back to the same street four hours later.

Thebrownblob

I use the overview map to get a visual of my stops so I don’t have to scroll through ORION to make sure it’s not going to have me double back to the same street four hours later.
For sure it’s a tool that can come in handy, my point is if you’re using it for turn by turn navigation it’s not working quite frequently. The panic that sits in with new people is humorous