How do you plan your route stops?

mcsketcher

They’re just pushing you. They know you’re gonna bust your balls to try an get it done. They did the same thing to me many years ago. They know who’s gonna make it after a couple of weeks of torture. If you finish by 5, great, but as long as you finish.
I don’t think so in my case. If my sup is just bluffing to make me try harder he’s doing a great job. Basically said I’m most likely not going to make it today. Being an ass doesn’t work to motivate me. I had 230 stops and 400 packages and it was 100* and he complained about speed. I know that’s not normal because I can see the other drivers’ #s every day. Not even sure I want to get in if I’ll be expected to continue this BS.

JustDeliverIt

I don’t think so in my case. If my sup is just bluffing to make me try harder he’s doing a great job. Basically said I’m most likely not going to make it today. Being an ass doesn’t work to motivate me. I had 230 stops and 400 packages and it was 100* and he complained about speed. I know that’s not normal because I can see the other drivers’ #s every day. Not even sure I want to get in if I’ll be expected to continue this BS.

Just get to day 31 and the numbers don’t mean anything.

Shorts365

I thought you’re supposed to stay on the same route during your 30. If not then aren’t you automatically qualified?
I had a steward tell me that when they put me on Saturday route on the other side of town on my 10th day, I was de facto qualified. He said to just play along like I didn’t know, and only bring it up if for some reason I was disqualified, which I think was solid advice.

Shorts365

No, he's referring to area knowledge. A paper map will tell you that. You will never learn a route by following the gps going dot to dot. You'll just stare at the diad all day and never learn anything. Do like most and keep depending on a gps. It's easier.
I have a good buddy who became a driver in my center. He hasn’t learned any of his routes at all and is still so dependent on the stupid map nav. He’s always late to get beers and wants to know to get faster, and I’m like bro, you gotta learn the streets and go scorched earth on them.

YeeYee

Change your delivery list to classic so it will show 20 stops versus 4. Get familiar with the street names. Also, change the screen sensitivity to enhanced glove to make the screen less sensitive to avoid going 10 stops in the wrong direction.

Change your delivery list to classic so it will show 20 stops versus 4. Get familiar with the street names. Also, change the screen sensitivity to enhanced glove to make the screen less sensitive to avoid going 10 stops in the wrong direction.
That option isnt available in DIAD 6

tripperslipper

OK to operate
Steps ive found to planning the most efficient route possible:

You'll start your route near the physically closest stop. First decision is if you end the route at the farthest, or make a loop and end back around the start. This depends on the districts, traffic, street accessibility. Not a big deal either way.

Carve your path out to get your businesses done. You can hit resis on the way but commercial is priority.

Avoid driving the same road twice. If you have streets and stops in the shape of an A then it isn't going to be possible, but avoid it when you can.
When you have a road you must drive twice, hit the stops only on the right each time you drive through (cul-de-sacs being the main example). You should almost never drive a road 3+ times unless you have pickups later or something.

About the left turn thing- in my experience, ANY turns onto main roads are something to avoid. Even right turns because you'll get stuck behind someone turning left half the time. In resi, I find that no matter which way I'm turning, it's clear 95% of the time so I don't avoid lefts. So prioritize getting your turns done in resis so you spend as little time on main roads as possible while delivering; main roads however are great if you're moving a long distance, it's rare you can get somewhere faster by traveling through an entire neighborhood with all the stopsigns, turns and lower speed limits.

As others have said, work in a loop. Plan out your movement between big districts first, then work out the intricacies after.

Finally, talk to dispatch to get your PAL order set up in the way you want to deliver. None of this makes sense if your first stop is PALd to 8000. I don't deliver 5000 and above until I have a very clean truck. Even anything x500 and above I avoid in the first couple hours, unless EDD is going in order correctly.

PPH_over_9000

That option isnt available in DIAD 6

Lol, those options are ONLY available with DIAD6. No worries, though, I just found out about the touch screen options last week.

It's hidden behind either the three dot-menu or the three line-menu. I want to say it's the three dots in the upper-right corner of the screen but I can't say for sure until I clock in tomorrow and go through the motions.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
The split routes they built after 2016 or so with the trace completely scrambled are the worst, one second you are in the 1000s the next you are in the 8s. I've always used physical maps but the diad map works well, I won't wind through neighborhoods though because of the lack of room between parked cars, sometimes that means entering from one good street, walking off stops from the adjacent streets, backing once and leaving out the way I came. Following orion would be career suicide by an increase in potential accidents.

Edd O'Rion

What I’ve been doing is using list view with commit setting, and deliver nda near to far. Then, I switch to map view with distance setting and basically do connect the dots so I don’t go in the same neighborhoods 3 times.