MFE being quoted

bbsam

Staff member
Many other states are moving forward, this isn't about just X. It is an industry wide issue, you did know that, right?
What I have been saying all along is that it cuts across many industries. Not only is it not about only X, it's about contracting in general. That in mind, there is huge corporate money at stake as well as governments that benefit from contracting out jobs. How you think all that makes going after X easier trule baffles me.

M I Indy

What I have been saying all along is that it cuts across many industries. Not only is it not about only X, it's about contracting in general. That in mind, there is huge corporate money at stake as well as governments that benefit from contracting out jobs. How you think all that makes going after X easier trule baffles me.

I don't think anyone is going after X, I think that states are adopting more definitive tests. There are cases out there besides X cases, that are changing or singling a test to define status. You keep going government, do they have state tax ramifications? Good homework assignment for ya.;)

bbsam

Staff member
I don't think anyone is going after X, I think that states are adopting more definitive tests. There are cases out there besides X cases, that are changing or singling a test to define status. You keep going government, do they have state tax ramifications? Good homework assignment for ya.;)
Of course they do.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
And maybe they're not.
Uber Driver Is An Employee, Not An Independent Contractor, Rules California Labor Official
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/7604366

A court thinks that one driver out of the tens (hundreds?) of thousands should be classified as an employee. Have you read the ruling? Uber was ordered to pay mileage and tolls, plus interest. Her other claims to compensation as an "employee" were dismissed.