MFE being quoted

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
A court thinks that one driver out of the tens (hundreds?) of thousands should be classified as an employee. Have you read the ruling? Uber was ordered to pay mileage and tolls, plus interest. Her other claims to compensation as an "employee" were dismissed.

Perhaps, but states are increasing their scrutiny. Interesting that they point to FedEx as "mastering" the independent contractor issue. We shall see.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Perhaps, but states are increasing their scrutiny. Interesting that they point to FedEx as "mastering" the independent contractor issue. We shall see.

And still, one driver out of 2 million (Uber's number; that doesn't include those driving for Lyft).

Funny you should chime in on Uber/Lyft. The "flaws" that you see in the Ground relationship with contractors are virtually non-existent in Uber and Lyft's relationship with their contractors.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
And still, one driver out of 2 million (Uber's number; that doesn't include those driving for Lyft).

Funny you should chime in on Uber/Lyft. The "flaws" that you see in the Ground relationship with contractors are virtually non-existent in Uber and Lyft's relationship with their contractors.

Really. Uber and Lyft drivers work when they want, where they want. They don't wear a uniform, and they don't have a TM directing their actions. If anything, the Uber/Lyft drivers are much more independent than either a FedEx Ground contractor or driver.

MAKAVELI

A court thinks that one driver out of the tens (hundreds?) of thousands should be classified as an employee. Have you read the ruling? Uber was ordered to pay mileage and tolls, plus interest. Her other claims to compensation as an "employee" were dismissed.
http://uberlawsuit.com/
We won a major victory on March 11, 2015, when the judge overseeing the case, Judge Edward M. Chen, of the federal district court in San Francisco, denied Uber’s motion for summary judgment! In his decision, the judge agreed with many of our arguments about why Uber drivers may be properly classified as employees. Click here to read the court’s decision. Under the court’s order, the case will go to trial before a jury. See the news stories below for reports on the ruling.

MAKAVELI

http://legalbroadcastnetwork.com/th...-employee-status-in-two-class-action-lawsuits
Uber and Lyft are the defendants in separate class action lawsuits filed in federal court in San Francisco. Both lawsuits are brought by drivers for the companies, and the plaintiffs are seeking to be declared employees rather than independent contractors. As employees, drivers would be entitled to a minimum wage, reimbursement for expenses, overtime and other benefits. Plaintiffs’ attorney Shannon Liss-Riordan discusses the lawsuits in this report.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
http://uberlawsuit.com/
We won a major victory on March 11, 2015, when the judge overseeing the case, Judge Edward M. Chen, of the federal district court in San Francisco, denied Uber’s motion for summary judgment! In his decision, the judge agreed with many of our arguments about why Uber drivers may be properly classified as employees. Click here to read the court’s decision. Under the court’s order, the case will go to trial before a jury. See the news stories below for reports on the ruling.

OMG, a case will be heard. That's UNPRECEDENTED!

DontThrowPackages

Really. Uber and Lyft drivers work when they want, where they want. They don't wear a uniform, and they don't have a TM directing their actions. If anything, the Uber/Lyft drivers are much more independent than either a FedEx Ground contractor or driver.
Speaking of Uber, I wounder if the company knows PT drivers are working for UBER straight out of the Station? I've seen some payouts and not bad at all. Maybe one guy worked all night on a Friday into the AM of Saturday and drove straight into the AM sort belt pull. I don't know how this affects the DOT laws but guys need money and are willing to work for it. They may have even talked FT'er into joining UBER and Split the 200.00 Bonus for new drivers. Big game and your PTer' called in sick? Guess where he is....
Expect a Front line Video on this topic next month. Dano is on it. Atta boy...good boy.

bbsam

Staff member
Speaking of Uber, I wounder if the company knows PT drivers are working for UBER straight out of the Station? I've seen some payouts and not bad at all. Maybe one guy worked all night on a Friday into the AM of Saturday and drove straight into the AM sort belt pull. I don't know how this affects the DOT laws but guys need money and are willing to work for it. They may have even talked FT'er into joining UBER and Split the 200.00 Bonus for new drivers. Big game and your PTer' called in sick? Guess where he is....
Expect a Front line Video on this topic next month. Dano is on it. Atta boy...good boy.
How many states are going to be calling on uber looking for taxes and how long will it take?