MFE being quoted

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Low achievers huh? Talk all the crap on the company and the model if you want, but keep the personal attacks out of it. I guarantee you I am at least 20 years younger than you, guaranteed I have made more than you trading in the markets and investing, had multiple investment properties succeed. Now on top of all of that I own a virtual recessionproof company to fund other investment opportunities that grows at 5-15% a year with no investment in sales to get that growth.
You sir compared to me are a "low achiever"

Maybe not. You have no idea what I'm worth. Sorry you're part of the ground scourge. Also, the small package industry is anything but recession-proof. That statement alone shows your lack of business sense.

Last edited:

Crozz

Not Recession proof lmao! Isn't the recession what put us on top? UPS and Express where two expensive and people jumped to ground and now realize that we are just as fast as both companies and cheaper all around. Contractor models allow us to grow the way we do because our guys are efficient and get it done. Unlike hourly employees that milk the clock and do half the stops.

Not Recession proof lmao! Isn't the recession what put us on top? UPS and Express where two expensive and people jumped to ground and now realize that we are just as fast as both companies and cheaper all around. Contractor models allow us to grow the way we do because our guys are efficient and get it done. Unlike hourly employees that milk the clock and do half the stops.
No milking the clock. UPS won't stand for that.

bbsam

Staff member
/

I'm a 30 plus year Express employee with an advanced degree in a business field who has been around since before RPS even started. RPS was a scam, where the contractors were lucky to net $30k for a 60+ hour week. Why, oh why do you think Uncle Fred loved this business model, which was UPS Brown on the cheap, with an all owner-operator set-up. Then, Fred diverted hundreds of millions of Express profits to build-up the Ground infrastructure, stealing whenever and wherever he could from Express employees.

Smith gutted Express, and screwed his base of loyal employees straight in the butt, and he continues to take a poke whenever he can extract a few more dollars from us. Ground is the child of Express, and Express-style TMs run Ground the same way Express managers run Express, micromanaging every aspect they can. Sure, Ground has ISPs who are "independent", but totally dependent at the same time because it isn't really their business to run at all. Fred gives them a cut, but he runs the show.

As Smith built political power and alliances, he made sure Ground was covered and protected. The original model has lost-out legally time after time because courts rule that Ground drivers were (and are) employees. The ISP model is simply legal maneuvering that has, so far, made the new Ground business model above board.

FedEx Ground is a low-ball, low-rent operation that is unsafe, purely concerned about profit, and a magnet for low achievers such as yourself. Yes, I know nothing about Ground. Just look at their FMCSA score to see how "safe" the operation is. You and Dano should get together.
And?

FedGT

Maybe not. You have no idea what I'm worth. Sorry you're part of the ground scourge. Also, the small package industry is anything but recession-proof. That statement alone shows your lack of business sense.

Ha! My business sense or your intelligence. Do your research! Ground carried express through the recession and grew every year.

FedGT

What's wrong with being "someone's hourly employee?"

I'm an hourly employee that makes 90K a year

Nothing if you always want to be told what to do and live off W-2 wages in as tax heavy of a period that we are in. Also as much crap as MFE throw at our "crappy jobs" at least I am giving people jobs making $10k more than they have made at any prior jobs with zero computer knowledge and other skills needed to make that kind of money in other industries. At least I'm doing my part to not just consume but create jobs and help livelihoods.

Last edited:

FedGT

Yes sir, it was.

Crozz

No milking the clock. UPS won't stand for that.
It's doesn't imply to all the hardest working carriers I've seen hands down are some UPS guys problem is those guys are carrying the :censored2:S. Problem with UPS is they focus on ground and express shipments and home is the step child. When UPS stops running 3 routes into one then it will be interesting, until the Fedex Ground has it going focusing on home deliver with the contract model.

It's doesn't imply to all the hardest working carriers I've seen hands down are some UPS guys problem is those guys are carrying the :censored2:S. Problem with UPS is they focus on ground and express shipments and home is the step child. When UPS stops running 3 routes into one then it will be interesting, until the Fedex Ground has it going focusing on home deliver with the contract model.
Home deliveries are probably where the largest future growth will come from.

Just need a better more economical way to deliver them.

Crozz

Home deliveries are probably where the largest future growth will come from.

Just need a better more economical way to deliver them.
Be honest how many guys can truly deliver for 30 years without hurting themselves and having to get out. Back in the day when trucks where doing more miles then stops it was possible. Any employee now days are doing double the stops and half the miles. Witch mean more wear and tear on the body. Ten years with a high pace route is all a body can handle. So when I say fedex has it right they do because who wants a manger telling them how to run a route when they have never stepped in a truck and done it themselves. 85% of the contractors started in a truck and knows what it takes to run routes and what it takes to train. Our job as contractors is to fill seats and train hope they turn out to be in the truck for 3-4 years and then they move on. As UPS and Express they are preying to last 30 years to retire. I don't hate any carrier what I hate is everyone hating on ground if managed right it's a great thing for a contractor and a great entry level and reference for a driver.

Crozz

And for MFE to have an input on contractors is crazy the Author did no justice for Fedex ground. Fedex needs to step up the pay for contractors yes we all know that, but instead of talking to a real contractor they take a quoted from brown cafe not knowing his back ground. He is a bitter express guy that has seen the shift to ground volume and money being pumped into ground and express benefits drop.

Dex01

Banned
30 years in the business with an advanced degree, and yet you stay doing ground floor work. You could have moved

Ah, cut the guy a little slack. I suspect he probably finished his undergraduate degree right around the early 80's recession during the first Reagan administration. Statistically speaking, regardless of your educational background, your odds of economic "success" are much less likely if you finish college during a recession (I have a link to a pretty interesting article in the Atlantic from some years back if anybody is interested.) By the time he finished his "advanced" degree he probably figured making the switch wasn't worth it, as Fedex was still a decent middle class job. The guy is annoying, but I guess his professional discontent isn't all self-inflicted (although, I'm guessing his personality doesn't help). I knew many college grads that started with the company during various periods of marginal economic development, and they all wound up begrudgingly making a career out of it.

bbsam

Staff member
And for MFE to have an input on contractors is crazy the Author did no justice for Fedex ground. Fedex needs to step up the pay for contractors yes we all know that, but instead of talking to a real contractor they take a quoted from brown cafe not knowing his back ground. He is a bitter express guy that has seen the shift to ground volume and money being pumped into ground and express benefits drop.
Yes. Lazy reporting.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
And for MFE to have an input on contractors is crazy the Author did no just for Fedex ground. Fedex needs to step up the pay for contractors yes we all know that, but instead of talking to a real contractor they take a quoted for brown cafe not know his back ground. He is a bitter express guy that has seen the shift to ground volume and money being pumped into ground and express benefits drop.
Just wait until FDX gets another bright idea and starts poaching from the Ground side. Good times with FedEx have proven to be rather short.

bbsam

Staff member
/

I'm a 30 plus year Express employee with an advanced degree in a business field who has been around since before RPS even started. RPS was a scam, where the contractors were lucky to net $30k for a 60+ hour week. Why, oh why do you think Uncle Fred loved this business model, which was UPS Brown on the cheap, with an all owner-operator set-up. Then, Fred diverted hundreds of millions of Express profits to build-up the Ground infrastructure, stealing whenever and wherever he could from Express employees.

Smith gutted Express, and screwed his base of loyal employees straight in the butt, and he continues to take a poke whenever he can extract a few more dollars from us. Ground is the child of Express, and Express-style TMs run Ground the same way Express managers run Express, micromanaging every aspect they can. Sure, Ground has ISPs who are "independent", but totally dependent at the same time because it isn't really their business to run at all. Fred gives them a cut, but he runs the show.

As Smith built political power and alliances, he made sure Ground was covered and protected. The original model has lost-out legally time after time because courts rule that Ground drivers were (and are) employees. The ISP model is simply legal maneuvering that has, so far, made the new Ground business model above board.

FedEx Ground is a low-ball, low-rent operation that is unsafe, purely concerned about profit, and a magnet for low achievers such as yourself. Yes, I know nothing about Ground. Just look at their FMCSA score to see how "safe" the operation is. You and Dano should get together.
Now you need the format fo get this out where somebody might give a damn.

I think you should contact Bernie Sanders. His campaign has an interesting following and using Fred S and FedEx as specific examples of where Corporate America has gone crazy would be a back door into the media. They would have no choice but to report on a US senator and presidential candidate dusting it up with a huge company and businessman.

Probably another dead end though. ;)

FedGT

Just wait until FDX gets another bright idea and starts poaching from the Ground side. Good times with FedEx have proven to be rather short.

Don't know if I could call it "good times". Always could happen but I have a feeling they will have their hands full with nationwide ISP rollout for a few years so probably will be occupied for the next 5-10 before any new plans come about. Doubt I will be in for much more than another 5-7 years. Really do like what I do but this is a stepping stone to a larger plan down the road, may keep a smaller scale operation long term but not interested in keeping a 15-20 employee company for decades.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Now you need the format fo get this out where somebody might give a damn.

I think you should contact Bernie Sanders. His campaign has an interesting following and using Fred S and FedEx as specific examples of where Corporate America has gone crazy would be a back door into the media. They would have no choice but to report on a US senator and presidential candidate dusting it up with a huge company and businessman.

Probably another dead end though. ;)
Actually that might not be a bad idea. Just depends on how long or willing Sanders wants to back the working people without being recruited by the corporate dark side.

bbsam

Staff member
Actually that might not be a bad idea. Just depends on how long or willing Sanders wants to back the working people without being recruited by the corporate dark side.
As far as elected officials go, he's been doing it the best longest. Hillary would have to come up with an interesting response.