MFE being quoted

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
No. An express driver with 30 days, 30 months, or 30 years of experience simply does not have the credentials to be commenting on the Ground business model or company/contractor business relationships. Pretend you're a reporter and you're covering a hurricane hitting Louisana; do you quote someone who was in Spokane at the time or New Orleans?

If the story was about the business practices of Fedex Express and the abuse of it's employees, then MFE would have the credentials to comment. I just don't see this story happening; not because it is some huge conspiracy and Smith has virtually everyone in his back pocket, but because it is not an original story. It is the same old song sung by anyone who felt that their paycheck didn't accurately reflect their workload. They only reason the media cared about the whole McDonalds / 15 bucks an hour fiasco is because those people were willing to walk out and lose their jobs without the protection of a union. MFE won't do that, so the media doesn't care about his story and neither do thousands of unemployed people who would gladly trade places with him.

How long have you been with Ground? Are you a contractor? Do you know the contract? I'll bet you shuffle papers for the TM.

bbsam

Staff member
Yes. This train is off the tracks. Major derail. I've been following Ground since it's inception, listened to all of the lies, and watched it prosper at the expense of Express employees. The one thing that is always present at FedEx is micromanagement and extreme control...even at Ground. The "independence" of Ground is a magician's trick, and nothing else. Fred pulls an ISP out of his ass at the appropriate time and the crowd of regulators oohs and ahhs. But FDX runs this dog and pony show, not Sammy, or Boris, or Yakov. The "trick" is getting old, and Ground has a terrible reputation except for cost, plus you're killing your OTR drivers as fast as you can hire them. Can you say FMCSA?

That's a recipe for intervention, legal and otherwise. And Bernie Sanders would call Ground one of the biggest scams out there, Sammy, so maybe you'd better hope he doesn't become too informed.
Come now MFE. Bernie's your next best chance to do this right. You talk a good game year after year, what's the problem? Finally a national stage, a forum with serious gravitas and you aren't even lukewarm to the idea. Jeez. You could at least thank me for the splendid idea.

DontThrowPackages

30 years in the business with an advanced degree, and yet you stay doing ground floor work. You could have moved on. You could have moved up. You could have moved over to UPS and made scads more money doing the same work (on this very forum, you could have been Upstate :p). Instead, in your finite wisdom you chose to stay with Express. Who's really the low achiever?
The same could be said for school teachers.

bbsam

Staff member
You've said before that you are employed by FedEx Ground, in an administrative position. Contractors are vendors. Shill, you just blew your cover. Back to the drawing board.
She's never suggested she was a contractor that I've seen.

bbsam

Staff member
She made a statement that lent itself to being interpreted that she was a contractor. This would be counter to what she's said before about being an administrative employee of Ground.
I think she's been here long enough that everyone knows she's not a contractor and if you reread the post I think it's you who simply misread it.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I think she's been here long enough that everyone knows she's not a contractor and if you reread the post I think it's you who simply misread it.
Defensive aren't we? She must be your girlfriend the way you answered that.