Mgmt not allowing me to work on Monday

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Was a cover, now I'm 22.4. They had me drive every Saturday and every Monday but gave me Tuesday off most of the time (stupid asf). For 2 years I did this and I'm used to it, now I'm Tues-Sat but guess what I still want to work Monday because I can pretty much guarantee 6 reports every week because they are still using cover drivers on Monday. If that's considered extra work then I should be offered first, having full time seniority, that work right? I want 6th reports every week.

Whenever I got under mgmt skin they would cut my hours or just not have me drive, but now I am guaranteed hours and I report to work everyday. I asked if I can come in on Monday and they keep saying no, lol. If enough RPCD's showed up on a Saturday every cover gets sent home soooo when 22.4 are home on Monday and you're using cover drivers it's my right to take that work

Just wanted some clarification before I start filing grievances. I'm in southern.

GodlikeRage

Did someone clarify the 22.4/cover driver language for you? I might be able to help.
I did not get a definitive answer. I want to work Monday as it’s generally our lightest day due to Saturday work and we start earlier. Most of us are in by 6. There are covers drivers who are put on routes on Monday since all 22.4’s are off. There is no set schedule for cover drivers, only when work is available based on how I’m interpreting the southern region contract. I should be entitled that work, no?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Was a cover, now I'm 22.4. They had me drive every Saturday and every Monday but gave me Tuesday off most of the time (stupid asf). For 2 years I did this and I'm used to it, now I'm Tues-Sat but guess what I still want to work Monday because I can pretty much guarantee 6 reports every week because they are still using cover drivers on Monday. If that's considered extra work then I should be offered first, having full time seniority, that work right? I want 6th reports every week.

Whenever I got under mgmt skin they would cut my hours or just not have me drive, but now I am guaranteed hours and I report to work everyday. I asked if I can come in on Monday and they keep saying no, lol. If enough RPCD's showed up on a Saturday every cover gets sent home soooo when 22.4 are home on Monday and you're using cover drivers it's my right to take that work

Just wanted some clarification before I start filing grievances. I'm in southern.

Learn to live within your means

Forty6and2

I'm Broken
I did not get a definitive answer. I want to work Monday as it’s generally our lightest day due to Saturday work and we start earlier. Most of us are in by 6. There are covers drivers who are put on routes on Monday since all 22.4’s are off. There is no set schedule for cover drivers, only when work is available based on how I’m interpreting the southern region contract. I should be entitled that work, no?
Which region do you work in? I too was a cover driver before. I am also a steward in the western region. I have experience and I also know the language quite well. Once I have some more information from you, I will do my best to supply an answer to you, but I want to make sure I get it right first.

GodlikeRage

Which region do you work in? I too was a cover driver before. I am also a steward in the western region. I have experience and I also know the language quite well. Once I have some more information from you, I will do my best to supply an answer to you, but I want to make sure I get it right first.
Southern Region

542thruNthru

In my area of the west. Cover drivers have a right to work Monday before 22.4s.