Michigan expected to repeal state's right to work law.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Not surprising with union dues at $1200 a year.
For those who pay that much, that's about 1.4% annually by calculating it against their base 40 hour weekly guarantee alone.

Factor in overtime and it is much less.

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me for all the contractually negotiated benefits and protections that come with that minimal cost?

It is absolutely surprising and extremely shameful that any bargaining unit employee would feel justified in being a freeloading non-payer, let alone a top scale employee who's annual dues rate is likely less than 1% of their annual gross.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
For those who pay that much, that's about 1.4% annually by calculating it against their base 40 hour weekly guarantee alone.

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me for all the contractually negotiated benefits and protections that come with that minimal cost?

It is absolutely surprising and extremely shameful that any bargaining unit employee would feel justified in being a freeloading non-payer, let alone a top scale employee who's annual dues rate is likely less than 1% of their annual gross.
Ingrates with no knowledge or concept of what it took to secure the rights and benefits they have.

Thebrownblob

And it’s even more shameful when they want to file a grievance, after basically saying, they don’t need the union.

dogs.bite.me

Not to mention, if we had to pay for insurance, the charges coming out of our check would be much more than 1200/yr.

So just that alone is worth it. View your dues as your insurance payment and quit whining about them.

UnionStrong

And it’s even more shameful when they want to file a grievance, after basically saying, they don’t need the union.
They’re spoiled. They never had to fight for their jobs or benefits. If they think UPS is hard on them now, just imagine what would happen to them without the Union.
IMO anyone working for UPS in a RTW state that chooses not to pay dues is no better than a scab and deserves no representation.

Thebrownblob

Not to mention, if we had to pay for insurance, the charges coming out of our check would be much more than 1200/yr.

So just that alone is worth it. View your dues as your insurance payment and quit whining about them.
So much more it blows my mind
1677851747976.png

Thebrownblob

They’re spoiled. They never had to fight for their jobs or benefits. If they think UPS is hard on them now, just imagine what would happen to them without the Union.
IMO anyone working for UPS in a RTW state that chooses not to pay dues is no better than a scab and deserves no representation.
Absolutely true

PT Car Washer

For a FT member at top rate. Really unfair for PT members paying the same dues with only a 3.5 hour guarantee.

Thebrownblob

For a FT member at top rate. Really unfair for PT members paying the same dues with only a 3.5 hour guarantee.
They’re not the same dues amount. It based off what they make per hour you know that. And the health insurance alone is worth 10 times that. half $1 million worth of insurance bills paid this year alone on a part timers insurance to prove that. Absolutely life-changing. The part-timers out-of-pocket expense…less than $500 dollars so far. Brought to you by the Teamsters.

UnionStrong

You can love or hate Jimmy Hoffa, but without him I don’t think the IBT would exist. Those head busters built it. We can’t let the snowflakes tear it down.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Dues have nothing to do with insurance. The company writes that check.

The union in these rtw states needs to find legal ways to make not joining less attractive. Perhaps non union surcharges on Teamcare? Are these workers in Teamcare?

Thebrownblob

Dues have nothing to do with insurance. The company writes that check.

The union in these rtw states needs to find legal ways to make not joining less attractive. Perhaps non union surcharges on Teamcare? Are these workers in Teamcare?
You’re joking, of course, right? Do you think he would have teamcare insurance without paying union dues and no union? The company would write the check without the negotiated benefits? L O L funniest post I’ve seen in a while.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You’re joking, of course, right? Do you think he would have teamcare insurance without paying union dues and no union? The company would write the check without the negotiated benefits? L O L funniest post I’ve seen in a while.
Many seem to think dues goes to pay for insurance, that is all I'm saying.

PT Car Washer

They’re not the same dues amount. It based off what they make per hour you know that. And the health insurance alone is worth 10 times that. half $1 million worth of insurance bills paid this year alone on a part timers insurance to prove that. Absolutely life-changing. The part-timers out-of-pocket expense…less than $500 dollars so far. Brought to you by the Teamsters.
I pay the same amount of Union dues a month as a FT member with half the guaranteed hours. And you think this is fair?