Michigan says good by to right to work!!!!

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
My immediate thought (for us) is it will force non dues paying UPS employees to sign up and possibly be more active in voting for or against the upcoming contract.
It won't do anything because union enrollment is going down even if their forced to join, there are not many union jobs left

Its_a_me

So Michigan's House passed their version of the bill. And Michigan's Senate passed a different version of the bill. One had to do with public sector unions if the SCOTUS reverses the public sector RTW section being upheld. Plus each contained an appropriation (one had $75k the other $1M for advertising to make everyone aware of the law to be).

So it's not quite over yet.

The House must go back and pass the Senate's version of the bill. Which means it has to be discussed in the house committee and voted out of committee and onto the floor for a vote, the vote taken.

If passed then the governor has to sign it. Then 90 days pass before it become law. So late June.

If the governor pockets it (unlikely as she's said publicly she'll be signing it) the house and senate have 14 days to override with a super-majority vote.

Thebrownblob

Do they get strike pay as they cross the picket line?
1679073605521.gif

Thebrownblob

What are you going to do to them?
Friday dumb question day?

If one of my responsibilities is to keep track of who’s manning the line and who’s not, they’ll be marked down as not, and won’t get paid nor receive their insurance benefits, what’s so complicated Wally?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

If one of my responsibilities is to keep track of who’s manning the line and who’s not, they’ll be marked down as not, and won’t get paid nor receive their insurance benefits, what’s so complicated Wally?
Where is that stipulation in writing?

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board

I was wondering about the insurance part. No punch equals no insurance...but striking doesn't count? How does that work if UPS pays the contribution to TeamCare not union?

Thebrownblob

I was wondering about the insurance part. No punch equals no insurance...but striking doesn't count? How does that work if UPS pays the contribution to TeamCare not union?
Teamcare has agreed to cover all striking employees. Should the need arise, and remember there will be no punches and no contributions while on strike from UPS because there won’t be any contract in place.