"MINIMIZE YOUR # OF BACKS.."

Whats 9.5?

Not sure how you're center team is permitted to use your truck as they and the mechanics are getting gigged for your truck being out on the road without working telematics. Protocol is to pull the truck off the road until the telematics is fixed.
And I completely agree with your thoughts on this. I don't know they get away with it either but it is nice to not have to deal with it.

Dr.Brownz

They tried to harrass me about backs today. Told them ill call when I run out of backs so they can bring a new truck out just be sure to park so I dont have to back up anymore

Dr.Brownz

UOTE="DOK, post: 2014272, member: 46882"]Not sure how you're center team is permitted to use your truck as they and the mechanics are getting gigged for your truck being out on the road without working telematics. Protocol is to pull the truck off the road until the telematics is fixed.[/QUOTE]

If they required telematics here we wouldnt have enough trucks

Mr.Golden

Don't forget to fill your self check card for backing
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1453851001.011447.jpg

How'd you do?

FilingBluesFL

I've been working very hard on minimizing my backs lately, as it has become the flavor last week...

I always make sure to remind them that minimizing my backs has maximized my paycheck by 1-2 more hours a day lol

"Of course I'm minimizing my backs, it helps maximize my paycheck by an hour or two every day!"

NonDeliverOtherMissed

I've been working very hard on minimizing my backs lately, as it has become the flavor last week...

I always make sure to remind them that minimizing my backs has maximized my paycheck by 1-2 more hours a day lol

"Of course I'm minimizing my backs, it helps maximize my paycheck by an hour or two every day!"
That's wat I used to tell em when they would give me n old dinosaur with no power steering ...boy how I do not miss those things

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
There is a housing development in my town that was on my old route the whole time it was under construction. I actually wrote the original delivery trace for it myself, taking into account the location of cul-de-sacs and flareouts in the streets, and by following that trace exactly a driver could deliver to every house on every street in the development without ever having to back up. I was quite proud of that trace and when I delivered there I could easily bang off 40 or 50 stops with zero backs.

Then ORION came along, and in the interest of saving 241 feet my awesome trace got mangled into an abomination that forces the driver to back into residential driveways every 3 or 4 stops in order to get turned around.

So when I hear about the importance of reducing backs its a little tough to take them seriously.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I'm not proud of it, but I am almost always the worst in my center in terms of the number of backs (70-80 per day) and back-first exceptions (10-15 per day).

Its not my fault, its just the nature of my route. Most of my stops are rural, with long driveways and roads with no shoulders. Walking the stops off is not an option, so I have to drive up there and get the truck turned around, often under tight and challenging conditions. That means lots of backs.

Somebody has to be the worst. If it wasn't me, it would just be someone else.

tourists24

I'm not proud of it, but I am almost always the worst in my center in terms of the number of backs (70-80 per day) and back-first exceptions (10-15 per day).

Its not my fault, its just the nature of my route. Most of my stops are rural, with long driveways and roads with no shoulders. Walking the stops off is not an option, so I have to drive up there and get the truck turned around, often under tight and challenging conditions. That means lots of backs.

Somebody has to be the worst. If it wasn't me, it would just be someone else.
You're not the worst..... you're the "least best" ;)

boxwayne

If you are approached about your backs just nod and smile, say you'll do better. Then go about your day as you would anyways. I don't think any driver doesn't want to be safe