MIP Factor 2018

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'm sure it must have been Kuhn who said you don't build a church for Easter Sunday. He was full of :censored2: remarks like that. He must have picked them up from all those McKinsey and Deloitte consultants he had up his butt all those years.

I've known him since 86 and he has always been full of himself.
Everybody was afraid when he showed up at a meeting unannounced or announced for that matter.
He always seemed to offend someone or a 'group' every time.
I'm pretty sure he had to attend 'Diversity' and 'Sensitivity' training while in Corporate.
He was not ready for Prime Time when it came to Political Correctness.

brownIEman

Way more than deserved.

If the total cost is way more than 15% of pre-tax profit I'd agree. My guess is it's much less than that so actually much less than deserved, imho.
You saying what you did is just as meaningless as the management I worked with who complained drivers are way overpaid. Just sayin'.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Way more than deserved.

I deserved every penny. I know today I was awarded a hefty sum of cash/stock for all my hard work done over the past year.

Say what you want, but that's the payoff every year I look forward too, I would never have gotten a bonus/monetary award as a driver.

Definitely greener on this side if you know what I mean....

Last edited:

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I deserved every penny. I know today I was awarded a hefty sum of cash/stock for all my hard work I have done over the past year.

Say what you want, but that's the payoff every year I look forward too, I would never have gotten such a bonus as a driver.

I would agree if only center teams were held to integrity standards that drivers are. But fudging numbers to hit your bonus is only one thing.....stealing.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I deserved every penny. I know today I was awarded a hefty sum of cash/stock for all my hard work I have done over the past year.

Say what you want, but that's the payoff every year I look forward too, I would never have gotten such a bonus as a driver.

I would agree if only center teams were held to integrity standards that drivers are. But fudging numbers to hit your bonus is only one thing.....stealing.

Apologies if you truly hit your goals honestly. I know in my building, they don’t.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Apologies if you truly hit your goals honestly. I know in my building, they don’t.

No apologies necessary, I am by far not a model center, we do pretty well overall and we have the same drama as everyone else. I trip to keep a lid on the drama, it makes for a smoother operation.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I deserved every penny. I know today I was awarded a hefty sum of cash/stock for all my hard work done over the past year.

Say what you want, but that's the payoff every year I look forward too, I would never have gotten a bonus/monetary award as a driver.

So you reached levels of candy crush never before attained by a center manager?

brownIEman

I'm going to try yet again.

Fudging numbers to make bonus is nonsense predicated on a misunderstanding of the bonus. I once worked in an operation with stretch goals on our QPR (rating system) we missed I think every single goal if I remember correctly. So while our fellow management enjoyed a decent but not overly impressive 70% MIP bonus, can you guess what we got?
We got 70%, just like every body else. The bonus, the only bonus, is based on the entire company's performance not any one operation. It's damn near egalitarian as a Union when you think about it.

RolloTony Brown Town

i definitely feel that I earned every penny of my MIP award. It’s a long year and it was nice to have some senior drivers approach me and say that this was a good peak. I do it all for them. Even though they don’t give a crap.

oldbrownguy

Every time a staff member starts an email with "partners", you know were screwed.... Nobody in Atl gives a hoot about us and we all know it. Go to nasdaq.com, enter the UPS ticker and scroll to the "trader" tab then tell me that your happy with 90 %. You see members there exercising stock options that are thousands of shares...
Yet, were skim milk. It doesn't sit right with me when I am told "no raises", your at the top of the pay scale, yet they continue to make millions annually. Yet, were all "partners"....

beentheredonethat

Every time a staff member starts an email with "partners", you know were screwed.... Nobody in Atl gives a hoot about us and we all know it. Go to nasdaq.com, enter the UPS ticker and scroll to the "trader" tab then tell me that your happy with 90 %. You see members there exercising stock options that are thousands of shares...
Yet, were skim milk. It doesn't sit right with me when I am told "no raises", your at the top of the pay scale, yet they continue to make millions annually. Yet, were all "partners"....

I agree.. Usually you can rely on being called Partner at UPSPAC time, United Way time and usually another random time of year you are about to be enhanced.

upschuck

i definitely feel that I earned every penny of my MIP award. It’s a long year and it was nice to have some senior drivers approach me and say that this was a good peak. I do it all for them. Even though they don’t give a crap.

Has there ever been a time when you didn't think you earned your bonus? Everyone has an inflated sense of worth.

brownIEman

In the debacle of the weather friend-d peak of 2013, I went on 3 different ready teams to help dig out snow bound and iced in operations. In the aftermath, I remember the video message from Davis where he praised us for going above and beyond and said the "partnership" was not dead. I can't remember which "enhancement" to compensation had recently been announced but I remember thinking "Oh, I get it, when the company needs extra help, it is definitely still a partnership. When it comes to compensation for front line management, no partnership, just a tough business. That seems fair" SMH.