MIP Factor 2018

Bozo Bob

MIP isn’t a bonus. It’s devolved to a method of adjusting management compensation on a whim. Imagine the uproar if they decided to lower everyone’s monthly salary. The torches and pitchforks would be out. Guess what? They can (and do!) accomplish the very same thing when MIP time comes around every year. Anyone expecting one of those bonuses we’re reading about at other companies due to the tax law change windfall? Nope! Me neither.

oldbrownguy

MIP isn’t a bonus. It’s devolved to a method of adjusting management compensation on a whim. Imagine the uproar if they decided to lower everyone’s monthly salary. The torches and pitchforks would be out. Guess what? They can (and do!) accomplish the very same thing when MIP time comes around every year. Anyone expecting one of those bonuses we’re reading about at other companies due to the tax law change windfall? Nope! Me neither.

It won't be long before the MIP is a thing of the past, I can see the writing on the wall...

Popeye

It won't be long before the MIP is a thing of the past, I can see the writing on the wall...
It already is a thing of the past for all practical purposes. Remember when everyone wanted UPS stock but only UPS management people could get it? Now nobody wants it but they shove it up our hoo-has and don't let us get our money for 5 years. Back in the day it was 15% of gross that was shared among the partners. Now we have these ridiculous measurements that nobody except senior management have any control over that dictate a large variable portion of our compensation. I'd rather just go to Vegas! At least it would be more fun. I heard they choose the MIP factor using a scratch-off card these days.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
I would agree if only center teams were held to integrity standards that drivers are. But fudging numbers to hit your bonus is only one thing.....stealing.
this may have been a thing once upon a time but you can’t hide from End-to-End and a few other elements now

weekly you might fudge and not get yelled at, but you’ll eat it on your final reporting