Misload

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
1 misload when new, is hardly a problem. Especially 1 in your first 5 weeks.
People here are making you feel it may be.
As long as you bleed you may make an error, but at least you will bleed brown.
The biggest problem I hear is you are being asked to load too many trucks. I mean you as in preloaders. My loader gives me at least 5 a week, and he aint new. Usually right shelf wrong truck. I call it in and usually it seems to be no big deal. No one usually comes to get it, and my loader usually never hears of it. Even when its an air misload.
But as a driver, misdeliver one, or deliver an air late, and they will come after you............Once you graduate from part time........you will be held totally accountable.

Thanks everyone...I think :dissapointed:.

Seriously, I appreciate knowing that a misload isn't an unforgivable sin. I'm no spring rooster, not a wet-behind-the-ears-first-job-ever guy. I have a full-time day job and picked this up to dig my family out of a hole. I've made plenty of big mistakes in my worklife. Just seemed to be how po'd the sup acted that made me wonder if it would be the shortest job of my life. Welcome to UPS management, huh?

atatbl

So you were the guy that had the misload.....:happy-very:

I saw it flash across the national news wire but thought it was made up...

BWAHAHHAHA!!!!! I am laughing so hard at that! I also could not believe a sup would try and make someone think one misload would detriment the company so badly.

atatbl

It was big news up here in Canada...TwiliteGuy..
misloads package... no coffee and donuts friday
you bastard,dont EVER do that again:)

Just when I thought I was done laughing I scrolled down to see that. Hilarious. And Griff, calm down buddy. Some of us go to sleep with a smile on our faces. Try that out.

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
Thanks everyone...I think :dissapointed:.

Seriously, I appreciate knowing that a misload isn't an unforgivable sin. I'm no spring rooster, not a wet-behind-the-ears-first-job-ever guy. I have a full-time day job and picked this up to dig my family out of a hole. I've made plenty of big mistakes in my worklife. Just seemed to be how po'd the sup acted that made me wonder if it would be the shortest job of my life. Welcome to UPS management, huh?

I had the same exact thoughts when I first started. I still get them (Not as often). The reason I try harder is because I do not want to disappoint MYSELF. I take pride in my work and my work ethic. I like having my drivers come up to me the next day and say, "Da*n good load yesterday!"
I have two drivers during the day that will call me and tell me how thankful they are that they were stuck with me as there loader. :happy-very:
As I have told my center manager, I would never load anything on the wrong truck on purpose. Its hard sometimes to not have a misload when your loading 4 trucks that are nearly bulked out everyday. (Three Walmarts on three different trucks--Try not getting a misload on one of them :P)

Anyway, just work to the best of your ability and always DOUBLE CHECK and TRIPLE CHECK.