Misloads with air

oldngray

nowhere special
The problem is more if air arrives on time and gets scanned early but gets missorted or is still floating around somewhere in the system and doesn't get put on the package car until much later by a PT sup just tossing in to clean up the dock. Very difficult to prove the sup did it and there would be no late scan after the preloader left.

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care
Yup. I will type in Bad Pal, Out of Sync Pal or whatever the reason may be.
I do the same thing.Give as best explanation I can in the space given. My PT preload sups are OK now.I did have a FT sup that would pitch stuff in cars.He got caught and sent to another center al long drive from his home.

jbg77

Leave air on the back of the truck not loaded. If there is a misload it should be caught by the driver as im sure that they would go through the air. Thats the 1st packages i try to locate.

MTbrown

With your steward present ask, "What is the tracking number? Let's track it. Print that for me." Next ask, "What time did I clock out that day? Print that for me too." You have a right to anything in your file. While these items aren't in your file, they are pertinent to the papers connected with them.

When you file the grievance against the discipline, be sure to also file for harassment AND the time difference when you clocked out and when the air was scanned.
So I asked my sup today if he could look up the tracking number for the misloads I had on Friday. He told me that he could not find the report... then he came back and told me that the clerk probably threw it away????? REALLY??? It was super light today and I got sent home early so I didn't get to talk to the steward..

MTbrown

Sounds like grievance after grievance to me. Hourlies shift ends before air arrives? Is this a daily thing? IF so, Sups should probably be nailed to the wall for progressing the movement of packages. They will "try" to say there were no hourly employees on hand. This is their fault by design.
Everyday all preloaders leave at about 7:30-8:30... then the air comes in around 9:00 and is sorted by the sups and air drivers and is shuttled out to the drivers.. some of them to routes that are 2 hours away from our center.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
So I asked my sup today if he could look up the tracking number for the misloads I had on Friday. He told me that he could not find the report... then he came back and told me that the clerk probably threw it away????? REALLY??? It was super light today and I got sent home early so I didn't get to talk to the steward..
My advice: you care too much..UPS loves that and that's why they are on your case. If you didn't misload airs, then it's not your problem. Don't make it yours by worrying.

MTbrown

My advice: you care too much..UPS loves that and that's why they are on your case. If you didn't misload airs, then it's not your problem. Don't make it yours by worrying.
Yea.. Your probably right. I will keep using the crayon and listen to them lecture me on the "keys to preventing misloads." I am getting a shot at driving I'm a few weeks anyways.

J

jibbs

Does this mean that mgmt is pulling air after the PT hourlies have left? Our preload is on the belt for all air shuttles.

Yes. Seems to happen often.

Preloaders hear they can go home and they tend to instantly drop everything and practically celebrate the entire way through the building and out the front door. I don't really mind anymore because the more people they send home tends to equate to more time on the clock for me, and I'm not gonna be moving any faster than usual so.... at the end of the shift it just means more money in my pocket.

Dr.Brownz

3.5 hour guranteee.....??

Dr.Brownz

Yea.. Your probably right. I will keep using the crayon and listen to them lecture me on the "keys to preventing misloads." I am getting a shot at driving I'm a few weeks anyways.

My advice to you is slow down and think when you start driving. That is all

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Yes. Seems to happen often.

Preloaders hear they can go home and they tend to instantly drop everything and practically celebrate the entire way through the building and out the front door. I don't really mind anymore because the more people they send home tends to equate to more time on the clock for me, and I'm not gonna be moving any faster than usual so.... at the end of the shift it just means more money in my pocket.
We have guys like that also. They tend to be guys that are just going home with nothing else to do the rest of the day. Mind boggling.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Tell him to check the server. We back up our misload sheets daily. May not happen everywhere, but who knows, you may get lucky.
I am getting a shot at driving I'm a few weeks anyways.
Sounds to me they're trying to nail you so you don't get that shot. Even if you do, they may not let you qualify.

box_beeyotch

They can't send you home just because its light. Get your guarantee and stop being a push over or your in for a crappy time here.

BrownArmy

In my center, it used to be, all 10:30 commit NDA outside of car, under belt.

For a minute, they tried loading the NDA on-car, that didn't work out so well - many late air.

We're back to leaving the NDA under the belt, outside the truck. Much better.

I run routes where I'm onto 10:29 running straight air, and the car is bulked out (so much so that I can't contain, etc...) and I can't be climbing through the truck looking for air.

Please, gentle baby Jesus, leave the NDA outside of the car, then I know where it is.

(On topic, I've also caught sups tossing packages in random cars - it's funny with the new ones - WTF ARE YOU DOING!!?? JK...seriously though? Where's your boss?).