Missing hours from paycheck

Blkgiraffe

OK so I was just looking over my check from last week and they cut me nearly 5 :censored2:ing hours! Who do I speak to about this and should I be prepared to deal with some bull:censored2:???

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

First of all you can lose the profanity.

Secondly print out or bring your pay stub to your and CALMLY ask them to compare those hours to the hours that you actually worked and to submit a payroll correction, which will be added to your check next week.

Blkgiraffe

Secondly print out or bring your pay stub to your and CALMLY ask them to compare those hours to the hours that you actually worked and to submit a payroll correction, which will be added to your check next week.

I apologize, but that's money that I need and not to mention I work too hard for this nonsense. I've just been frustrated with UPS lately and this is kinda like hitting an already irritated nerve.

standtall

You can't hurt my feelings, I left them at home.
I apologize, but that's money that I need and not to mention I work too hard for this nonsense. I've just been frustrated with UPS lately and this is kinda like hitting an already irritated nerve.
Check your supplement. If the company shorts a certain amount of money, $40 in in my area, they must cut you a check and have it to you in 2 days. That amount is $20 if your part-time. Any amount below that and it should be paid the following week.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Talk to your sup and have them fix it. You'll probably have a check tomorrow.

I'd suggest you don't walk in guns blazing though. For all you know you could have forgotten to punch in one day and the sup didn't notice. It happens...

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I will say as a driver, you have to punch in and punch out on your diad. Pretty basic and tough to screw with your hours.
When I was a PT preload sup years ago, I've seen many times when a Preload FT would go through the hours after the shift and "fix" payroll.
For instance, the a FT might have told EMP A and EMP B to leave at the same time, FT would see that EMP B punched out 20 minutes later than EMP A.
He would change the timecard. Preload is basically measured with one criteria only, PPH. How many pieces came into the building divided by man hours.
If he can find reasonable time issues, he will use that to better his PPH number that he's leaving on the DM's desk.
It's not that common, but can happen. If you are PT, write down your hours ALWAYS.
Plus if you were asked to work when you were told to punch out, PLEASE HAVE IT WRITTEN DOWN SOMEWHERE.

watdaflock?

Really inhales for nooblets if you don't work every day and first check of the new month they take union fee's, along with taxes being deducted. When I was first hired and lucky to work three or four days it was costing me more in just gas than my paycheck covered. It's why practically everyone has secondary jobs.

Have them print out last weeks hours for you.
When you find the discrepancies, tell them and then tell a steward.
Greatest reply yet.

Johney

I will say as a driver, you have to punch in and punch out on your diad. Pretty basic and tough to screw with your hours.
When I was a PT preload sup years ago, I've seen many times when a Preload FT would go through the hours after the shift and "fix" payroll.
For instance, the a FT might have told EMP A and EMP B to leave at the same time, FT would see that EMP B punched out 20 minutes later than EMP A.
He would change the timecard. Preload is basically measured with one criteria only, PPH. How many pieces came into the building divided by man hours.
If he can find reasonable time issues, he will use that to better his PPH number that he's leaving on the DM's desk.
It's not that common, but can happen. If you are PT, write down your hours ALWAYS.
Plus if you were asked to work when you were told to punch out, PLEASE HAVE IT WRITTEN DOWN SOMEWHERE.
It's just as easy to adjust a p/ter's hours as it is a friend/ter, wherein lies the problem is when time is adjusted it is done under a certain managers password. Easily tracked. So if someone is adjusting time cards 1.They are justified or 2. They're an idiot.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll

None of your business what kind of language this guy uses. If my check is short, I'm gonna be pissed, too.

Should he use that kind of language when he goes to question them? Probably not. But does it matter here in a website of other people who aren't afraid of foul language? Absolutely not.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
image.jpg

Article 12, get those printouts, if any discepencey, file and get a green check immediately. Check your local supplement for penalty pay. Oh yeah, if anyone edited your timecard without your approval it will be stamped with their GTS login. Whoever it is better have a real good reason for that edit or they'll be looking for a new job.

Blkgiraffe

So I went in the other day and spoke to my superviser before my shift started and than we spoke to the.....manager [I don't know the dudes position name except he's like....running :censored2: lol] and it came up I had a day missed, my supervisor vouched for me that I was here and they fixed it and it will be on my upcoming check.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So I went in the other day and spoke to my superviser before my shift started and than we spoke to the.....manager [I don't know the dudes position name except he's like....running :censored2: lol] and it came up I had a day missed, my supervisor vouched for me that I was here and they fixed it and it will be on my upcoming check.

So rather than come here and bitch about it all you had to do was sit down with your sup and manager and discuss the shortage in a calm, rational manner? Imagine that.