missort cards

W

westsideworma

Trouble is, when I retired in 2003, nothing you typed in to the diad got back to the preload.

still true, the only time we hear about it from our boss is when its bad. All the times its good nothing. When I loaded they used to give us the actual sheets that said whether the load was acceptable etc, but they stopped doing that just after we went on PAS (must have known from now on no one would have anything good to say).

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I had posted about this before. My first car driver always comes in right at 6 o' clock and works off the clock sorting his truck, calling customers, ect. till PCM at 9. I would never complain because he helps me with everything from sorting the belt, to straightening up the truck, to stacking bulk to make space more efficient on the table. He's been at UPS for over twenty years.

I do hope that you are making this up.

W

westsideworma

And "Least Best"

Most Help Needed is the correct term now I'm told....only in this company do we waste time and money coming up with multiple ways to tell someone they aren't cutting it or are having a rough go of things lately. :wink2:

SlowRide80k

My other one is Red Tag'd
I show up about 5 mins before PCM. I call zero customers and take the truck out the way it's loaded. Except "perfect service" mondays. Then I check to make sure i have all my NDA's and then will leave. That driver is not supposed to even touch a package before his start time. I can't believe hes been there for 20 years and shows up at 6AM to work for 3hrs for free. My building wouldn't even let the man in the building 3hrs before his shift starts. Thats a recipie for disaster. He gets hurt while working off the clock and well....:surprised:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Trouble is, when I retired in 2003, nothing you typed in to the diad got back to the preload.

And still doesn't!

I load three trucks, two of my drivers come in an hour early. My first driver comes in three hours early, so I'm able to communicate, and load effectively to all their needs and specifications. My part time manager for the belt talks to them if they need to cut anything so I also never have to deal with bulk issues or really ever have to talk to my sup.

It's also the reason I never have a misload, because they check all their packages.

I had posted about this before. My first car driver always comes in right at 6 o' clock and works off the clock sorting his truck, calling customers, ect. till PCM at 9. I would never complain because he helps me with everything from sorting the belt, to straightening up the truck, to stacking bulk to make space more efficient on the table. He's been at UPS for over twenty years.

Sorry to jump all over you Kraetos. I know you think these guys are being helpful. The fact of the matter is they are hurting you and your fellow workers, by working off the clock. Do you know if they finish their routes early, as well?

Kraetos, no offense man, but are you that bad of a loader that your drivers come in 3 hours early off the clock to straighten up your mess?

Hmmmm?

I'm not as concerned about him giving the company money. What really upsets me is that is a p/t job he is stealing. A job that will never be created because he already does it for free.

Fixed it for ya :wink2:

AMEN!!!

I tell my loader over and over and over what a complete, incompetent, useless, inadequate, worthless UPS employee he is. I even knock him in the forehead. Being that I only drive Saturday right now, I load my own truck. So, yes, I am the complete, incompetent, worthless UPS employee.

LOL

BigBrownSanta

Just one comes in three hours early, and no I'm the best loader in the building. I just have a really hard spot. My other two drivers come in an hour early, this is not uncommon. Most drivers come in an hour before driver PCM except the very young drivers.

I'm sorry, I got a good little laugh at that bolded portion. I think the reason you are the best preloader in the building may be because you have 3 drivers loading your trucks.

:happy-very:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I refuse to fill out misload cards. I am not going to assist management in documenting a case for the termination of a fellow union member. I will talk to him personally if its a really bad load, and I will sheet all packages in the truck as instructed, but other than that I keep my mouth shut and get paid by the hour.

brownrodster

Typically show up minutes before start and don't even know who loaded the random truck I get to drive for the day. I used to leave messages in precomm for particularly terrible loads but I never leave messages anymore. There is nothing I can do to make the preload do a better job. So I don't care. I just deliver the packages they put in my truck.

helenofcalifornia

I cAn only imagine what that driver would feel like if he had to go out and deliver his truck without the three hour prep work. And calling customers?? Give me a break.

And Kraetos, Big Brown Santa was absolutely right-you are the best loader only because you have three drivers loading for you. Three very dumb drivers.

over9five

Staff member
I tell my loader over and over and over what a complete, incompetent, useless, inadequate, worthless UPS employee he is. I even knock him in the forehead. Being that I only drive Saturday right now, I load my own truck. So, yes, I am the complete, incompetent, worthless UPS employee.

Hey King you forgot inadequate, and worthless.

And "Least Best"

And here they always add "unskilled and uneducated"!

pkgdriver

The best misload cards Ive seen in the past.

Stand closer to package car while throwing in packages to tighten up load.

Ive seen a better load in a garbage truck.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I just heard that term for the first time last week. "So and so is MHN".

I'm thinking of filing on it. I find it disrespectful and degrading.
Why fight it? I'm gonna get it printed on the back of my shirt just to make it easy for the dispatch sup :happy-very:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I just heard that term for the first time last week. "So and so is MHN".

I'm thinking of filing on it. I find it disrespectful and degrading.

What's the difference in "Least Best" and "Most Help Needed"?
We've used Least Best for over 40 years.

Probably got a different set of Consultants that said we should change the terminology.
Hopefully did not pay more than a couple million dollars for that research. :wink-very:

Paid-over-in-Maine

15 more years of this!
I load three trucks, two of my drivers come in an hour early. My first driver comes in three hours early, so I'm able to communicate, and load effectively to all their needs and specifications. My part time manager for the belt talks to them if they need to cut anything so I also never have to deal with bulk issues or really ever have to talk to my sup.

It's also the reason I never have a misload, because they check all their packages.

3 Hours?! Get a LIFE! I hope you give them a tip at X-mas as these guys are the reason you are the best loader in your building. As far as not talking to your sup, your doing his job so why would he want to talk to you?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
3 Hours?! Get a LIFE! I hope you give them a tip at X-mas as these guys are the reason you are the best loader in your building. As far as not talking to your sup, your doing his job so why would he want to talk to you?

Agreed!

I used to have a loader that would bring the pkgs in the car and set them on the 8000 shelf or RDC, then go out and get more off of the belt for the other cars he loaded. Needless to say, I would find countless pkgs in these locations, as well as the avg 5 misloads per day.

When I left a blue card, I'd run out of space, so I'd attach a piece of paper, listing the rest of my complaints. The preload supe would read my notes and never pass them on. She felt I was being too harsh on the loader. This is the same supervisor that didn't cut me breaks, when I was a preloader, go figure.

over9five

Staff member
Why fight it? I'm gonna get it printed on the back of my shirt just to make it easy for the dispatch sup :happy-very:

Hmmmm, I like that. Gives me several ideas.

The part I don't like is they will designate some people MHN only because they've been in the department less than two years. In other words. you could be doing an awesome job making no mistakes, but you're "most help needed" because you've only been doing that job for a year and a half.