Mitt Romney

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
If you are an atheist, do you really want to listen to the Jehovah Witness at your front door ??

Deflect much? A 'no soliciting' sign keeps Jehovah's and phony Christian's away.

What does this have to do with your closed mind? If you don't want to hear opinions other than your own, don't post on an internet board.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Deflect much? A 'no soliciting' sign keeps Jehovah's and phony Christian's away.

What does this have to do with your closed mind? If you don't want to hear opinions other than your own, don't post on an internet board.
The discussion was referring to the various news stations.....you are the one who tried to steer it somewhere else.

wkmac

If you are an atheist, do you really want to listen to the Jehovah Witness at your front door ??

I always like to invite them in and then tell them we always start off by pledging allegiance to the flag and then put the stop watch on them to see how fast they bolt out the door. I've done it enough now that when they canvas the neighborhood, they bypass my house every time!

Works like a charm!

Now the Baptist ignore me because I'm insistent regardless of what I believe that I will still go to hell when I die.
:laughing:

Theists are such fun to play with!
:wink2:

wkmac

LOL! I guess in BC orientation no one told you about our legacy member!

You'll figure it out.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I always like to invite them in and then tell them we always start off by pledging allegiance to the flag and then put the stop watch on them to see how fast they bolt out the door. I've done it enough now that when they canvas the neighborhood, they bypass my house every time!

Works like a charm!

Now the Baptist ignore me because I'm insistent regardless of what I believe that I will still go to hell when I die.
:laughing:

Theists are such fun to play with!
When I smoked, I answered the door for the missionaries with a cigarette in hand...............they would leave quickly.

texan

Something interesting I realized in the case of Mitt. He's a Harvard man like Obama but consider this. Bush 1, Clinton, Bush 2, all Yale men and now Obama and Romney are Harvard men. As a side note, Al Gore was Harvard and John Kerry was Yale. See a trend here?

I wonder what the statistical odds are for 2 colleges to dominate the office and nominations for the highest office in the land for the last 20 plus years?

I know Just will want it pointed out the both Bushes and Kerry were Bones' men too. Looking over that membership list since 1840' does make you stop and wonder for a second or two.

Interesting item that I never really knew, Yale and Harvard.

A parallel item I ran across also below:

522546_2623084634665_1781704024_1666699_196088157_n.jpg

wkmac

Interesting item that I never really knew, Yale and Harvard.

A parallel item I ran across also below:

522546_2623084634665_1781704024_1666699_196088157_n.jpg

Well the Federal Reserve System didn't exactly exist during Lincoln but in a general sense the point has some truth to it. And if I'm not mistaken, JFK was also a Harvard man while Lincoln graduated from LogCabin U.

texan

Well the Federal Reserve System didn't exactly exist during Lincoln but in a general sense the point has some truth to it. And if I'm not mistaken, JFK was also a Harvard man while Lincoln graduated from LogCabin U.

That is why it is good to research these items first. "Well the Federal Reserve System didn't exactly exist during Lincoln"
But another Harvard person. hmmmm

wkmac

That is why it is good to research these items first. "Well the Federal Reserve System didn't exactly exist during Lincoln"
But another Harvard person. hmmmm

Research the United States Note as opposed to the Federal Reserve Note and you'll get the general idea.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
Poor women who stay at home to raise their children should be given federal assistance for child care so that they can enter the job market and "have the dignity of work," Mitt Romney said in January, undercutting the sense of extreme umbrage he showed when Democratic strategist Hilary Rosen quipped last week that Ann Romney had not "worked a day in her life."

Mitt Romney: Mothers Should Be Required To Work Outside Home Or Lose Benefits

ann-romney-political-cartoon.jpg

Political Cartoons About Ann Romney the “Stay at Home Mom” | Self Deprecate

Romney-Stay-At-Home-Mom.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
My mother had no choice about being a stay-at-home mom , back in the late 1930's she was a school teacher until she was fired for just announcing her up coming marriage. The first child wasn't born for two years afterwards.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
My mother had no choice about being a stay-at-home mom , back in the late 1930's she was a school teacher until she was fired for just announcing her up coming marriage. The first child wasn't born for two years afterwards.

There is a difference between being a stay at home mom "raising" children ALONE, cooking, cleaning, dressing, walking to school, helping with homework, washing clothes and supervising children AND living in an environment of maids, housekeepers, gardeners, au pairs, babysitters, nannies.

Having several homes with nannies and maids hardly qualifies as a stay at home mom.

Who does MRS ROMNEY think shes fooling?

Peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
There is a difference between being a stay at home mom "raising" children ALONE, cooking, cleaning, dressing, walking to school, helping with homework, washing clothes and supervising children AND living in an environment of maids, housekeepers, gardeners, au pairs, babysitters, nannies.

Having several homes with nannies and maids hardly qualifies as a stay at home mom.

Who does MRS ROMNEY think shes fooling?

Peace

TOS
One of the Romney sons who commented on this whole mess said they never had nannies & such at home.................so you , as usual, are assuming a lot!!

“When I left for school in the morning (after she had made me breakfast), she was there. When I came home at the end of the day, she was there. She drove me to HOURS of my sports lessons and competitions (baseball, tennis, basketball, etc), and was my #1 fan in the stands. She encouraged my musical interests, and cheered me on at my piano recitals and high school band concerts. I could go on and on.”

“Growing up, we never had a nanny or a ‘mommy’s helper.’ Never went to daycare,” Ben wrote.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Ooooh.... love it when you take the hook..!

Mitt Romney's Maids' Salary Raises Questions
WASHINGTON -- For a woman with three houses and sixteen grandkids, Ann Romney
doesn't have very much help around the house, according to her 2010 tax
return.

IRS forms released Tuesday by Mitt Romney's presidential campaign show that
despite reporting income of $21.7 million, the couple paid only $20,603 in
taxable wages for household help in 2010. This figure was divided among four
women: Rosania Costa ($4,808), Kelli Harrison ($8,667), Susan Moore ($2,238) and
Valerie Cravens Anae ($4,890).

According to a number of Boston-based domestic staffing agencies, the salary
range for a housekeeper is between $20 and $30 an hour, which adds up to an
annual salary of $40,000 to $50,000 based on forty-hour weeks and two weeks of
paid vacation a year.

But this number is only for one house, and the Romneys have three houses -- a
2,000 sq. ft. townhouse in Belmont, Mass., a 5,400 sq. ft. lake house on 11
acres in Wolfeboro, N.H., and a beach house in La Jolla, Calif., that is
undergoing renovations to double its size.

Even if the Romneys avoided spending time in La Jolla in 2010, they spent
plenty of time in New Hampshire, with regular visits in the summer from five
sons and their families.

Yet the Romneys still paid only half of the lowest range of an average
housekeeper's salary, which raises the question of who cleaned the Romney houses
the other 50 percent of the time. A Romney campaign adviser declined to respond
to questions from The Huffington Post about the housekeeping salaries.

Wouldn't it be nice to learn that the Romneys split up household cleaning
between them on days when the housekeeper was out? After all, Mitt Romney was
"unemployed" in 2010, as he infamously reminded a group of voters in Tampa, so
he had some extra time. And Mitt even knows how to do laundry, according to a
photo tweeted Monday by his son Tagg Romney.

The more worrisome alternative is that the Romneys underpaid their household
help.

The Massachusetts Coalition of Domestic Workers holds a meeting on the third
Tuesday of every month to work towards passage of a statewide Bill of Rights for
domestic workers, but so far their efforts have fallen short.

UPDATE: 5:27 p.m. -- At least one of the four women paid for domestic work by
the Romney family in 2010 also worked as chief of staff to the executive
director of Mitt Romney's Free and Strong America PAC at the same time.

Kelli Harrison was paid wages of $8,667 by the Romneys for personal
assistant-type tasks and errands, said a source with knowledge of the situation.
Harrison was the most highly paid of the four women listed as domestic employees
of the Romney family, and the other three women did not work for the Romney PAC
at all, the source confirmed. Harrison was paid for her PAC work with PAC
funds.

The designation of household employees is broad, and can include
housekeepers, baby-sitters, personal assistants and other house-related tasks.
It's possible that the Romney's hired an outside cleaning service to clean their
houses and that managed the payroll, but the campaign declined to elaborate on
their arrangement. Given the private nature of jobs like these, most
high-profile individuals prefer to maintain their own staffs of people who know
them well and who they trust.

Another employee, Valerie Cravens Anae, may be the same woman whose Facebook
profile indicates that she attended the Mormon-affiliated Brigham Young
University. Anae was paid $4,890 in taxable wages for domestic work at the
Romney house in 2010.

The campaign declined to specify whether Harrison was still working for the
Romney family personally. The other two women listed as domestic employees,
Susan Moore and Rosania Costa, could not be located.

moreluck

golden ticket member
You're so jealous, you are turning a putrid green.

So let's begrudge someone with both MS and cancer a little help to vacuum and change beds!

If you keep up this crap, you will alienate women just like Odumbo is doing!!

Bill Maher is too. Keep it up. The GOP is loving it !!

Did you ever think that maybe they just hired people some of the time ? If I hired someone to remove a tree in my yard, my balance sheet would show me paying a gardner $2500....so would you think I employed an illegal and that was his yearly salary?. You'd be sooo wrong as you ususally are.

Do you think that when she had chemo for her cancer she had to get a sitter..,....Damn her !!!