Mitt's really bad day

TechGrrl

Space Cadet
I guess I can't see any fault in Mitt's statement. It is factually correct that a certain percentage of Americans don't pay income taxes so promising tax cuts doesn't mean anything to them. What they want is for the government to take more from the 53% of people who do pay income taxes and give more to them which is what Obama's campaign is all about. It was a good statement, and that one that needed to be said.

Dude, there are so many places out there that break down that 47% of tax units that pay no Federal Income Tax. That group includes most seniors collecting Social Security; military in combat zones; people who make so little money that the tax rules that GEORGE W. BUSH passed leaves them with no Federal Tax Liability; and 7000 millionaires. Go get the facts before you spew that Faux News nonsense.

My parents worked for over 40 years. My dad served in the Navy in WWII and my mom worked in a defense job. They came back from war and raised two kids, then retired to enjoy what they had worked for. For the last 10 years of their lives, they paid no income taxes, because their pension wasn't enough income to incur any tax liability. They still paid property taxes on their home, and sales taxes.

Are you, like Mitt Romney and the rest of the right wing noise machine, going to call my parents moochers and takers who refused to take responsibility for their lives? If so, :cursing: you, and :cursing: Mr. Romney and the tax deductible dressage horse he rode in on.

TechGrrl

Space Cadet

Babagounj

Strength through joy
If mitt's having such a bad day, then why this....$35 million Hawaii estate regarded as possible Obama retirement home .
Very quietly, Obama’s chief financier, Penny Pritzker, has entered the Hawaii housing market to buy a retirement home for the president and his family that will be available not in 2016, but in January 2013, according to a confidential source within Pritzker’s Chicago organization
Secret retirement plans: Does Obama expect to lose?

804brown

If mitt's having such a bad day, then why this....$35 million Hawaii estate regarded as possible Obama retirement home .
Very quietly, Obama’s chief financier, Penny Pritzker, has entered the Hawaii housing market to buy a retirement home for the president and his family that will be available not in 2016, but in January 2013, according to a confidential source within Pritzker’s Chicago organization

Repubs have a way of stealing elections!!

bbsam

Staff member
Maybe he wants to get in the market before housing prices skyrocket.

bbsam

Staff member
I think it's stunning that there are folks on here who think things are going just swimmingly for the Romney campaign. Even Romney's advisors don't buy that. Just strange.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I think it's stunning that there are folks on here who think things are going just swimmingly for the Obama campaign. Even Obama's advisers don't buy that. Just strange.

bbsam

Staff member
I think it's stunning that there are folks on here who think things are going just swimmingly for the Obama campaign. Even Obama's advisers don't buy that. Just strange.

Snippy this morning, are we? You really like Mitt's chances better than Barak's? That's not strange, that's delusional.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I think the fact that we have both sides still at 50-50(give or take a little) shows that both sides have a lot of work to do. It wasn't just Obama that got us here, but he certainly didn't help. You can't ignore the 11 trillion in debt we had when Bush left office, no matter what party you support. Mind you, I'll be voting for Rosanne, if she is on the ballot.

As for Obama's video, if you believe that we should help(not hand out) people, then you believe in ssomething form of redistribution. I see nothing wrong with what he said because I believe we should out those that need a little help. I don't believe in catering to those that mooch, mind you.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Snippy this morning, are we? You really like Mitt's chances better than Barak's? That's not strange, that's delusional.

A National average of the polls show Obama with a 1% lead.
An average of the the three largest swing states (which will decide the election) show Obama with an average of a 2% lead. (Tuesday polls)

All of this is within the margin of error.

That is why I don't get into the pissing contest and say I'll wait until Nov 7th.

I think it will come down to turn out in those 3 key states and maybe even Iowa and NH.

I'm sure each party is lining up hundreds of lawyers in the key states.

But I do enjoy the show, so please continue.

And BTW. I don't like either of their chances ... remember, I am a Libertarian.

M

MenInBrown

He's been President for 4 years. My total taxes are less then they were before he was elected. I'm a damn hard working American.

Thats odd because he hasnt lowered taxes. He has only kept in place the Bush era tax cuts, which if elected he will let go jan. 1 which will raise everyones taxes.

bbsam

Staff member
I think the fact that we have both sides still at 50-50(give or take a little) shows that both sides have a lot of work to do. It wasn't just Obama that got us here, but he certainly didn't help. You can't ignore the 11 trillion in debt we had when Bush left office, no matter what party you support. Mind you, I'll be voting for Rosanne, if she is on the ballot.

As for Obama's video, if you believe that we should help(not hand out) people, then you believe in ssomething form of redistribution. I see nothing wrong with what he said because I believe we should out those that need a little help. I don't believe in catering to those that mooch, mind you.
What part of taxation is not redistribution? As for the 50/50 split, if the polls are within their margin of error in swing states, Romney is in far deeper trouble. Too much time and money spent polling to believe the candidates don't pay attention to them.

M

MenInBrown

Maybe the coal plants closed because they weren't profitable. Been happening with natural gas wells alot lately. Know why? Because there is too damn much and they can't make a decent profit. I think alot of electric plants are moving to the use of natural gas anyway as a method of boosting prices and burning cleaner. And if a coal plant can't do it cleanly, it should close. There are standards for a reason.

So if they cant spend the billions of dollars to do it cleaner than they already are, they go out of business??? No coal, no energy, higher energy cost because of lack of supply, fewer jobs, more welfare, it goes on and on...I got it..just make the top 2% who pay 98% of taxes pay 100% of taxes right??? The man said he would bankrupt the coal industry and thats what his policies and regulations are doing.