Monday Holiday-Tuesday heavy?

AB831

If you're working the kind of hours at a per diem rate that nets you less than minimum wage, you need to find a better contractor within FXG or find another job. Period.
Exactly. If you sign up for conditions that horrible and stick with it, that’s not on your contractor.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
At least you're compensating them fairly for a federal holiday.

We're shut down on Monday as well.

We're caught up today, but after the holiday online shopping orders go thru, we're going back to peak season levels.

Yeah, some drivers are burning out, not on my line, but I saw a manager and a driver just walk out in the past week.

We have to ramp up to get more drivers since some of the first batch of hires were terrible.

For now, it's steady.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
177 packages delivered.......$110 take home pay. What is fair about that?

You have a crappy contractor.

I would've found a better subcontractor by now, unless ALL of them are banded together to pay all the drivers the same rate.

Then, move on to better options. Unless the whole south east is that bad.

A few years ago, when FXG was hiring hourly temporary drivers, I went rogue & became a driver trainer for the temp agency.

After every peak, another subcontractor will always ask me to be on their team... fun times

AB831

177 packages delivered.......$110 take home pay. What is fair about that?
it's not fair. But the driver has the right to say "to hell with that" after the first day and go get a job cleaning pools or cooking food or whatever else is hiring with comparable pay. If you agree to horrible terms, the onus is on you to move on from them. It's not on the contractor to change his terms.