Monday Holiday-Tuesday heavy?

AB831

Ok, then. The start of a shortened post-vacation week is usually very heavy for our station. No exception yesterday. The weather was perfect so I had no idea why there was a 15 minute early pull. No one was told to start any earlier. And, of course, we were nearly 2,000 pieces over the estimate.

I work in doc sort when I get off the road and let me tell ya, we were hip deep. But we still delivered the black and blue promise.
They were having nasty storms in Memphis last night. Maybe that had something to do with it.

Damon77

The delusional expectations of millennials aren't exactly a secret to anyone not a millennial.

“[Young people] are high-minded because they have not yet been humbled by life, nor have they experienced the force of circumstances.

They think they know everything, and are always quite sure about it.”

Aristotle, 4th Century

The elder generation have been making blanket derogatory statements about the younger generation since time began. In my short 42 years on this Earth, I've come to the realization that every generation possesses an equal amount of slugs and whiners.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
“[Young people] are high-minded because they have not yet been humbled by life, nor have they experienced the force of circumstances.

They think they know everything, and are always quite sure about it.”

Aristotle, 4th Century

The elder generation have been making blanket derogatory statements about the younger generation since time began. In my short 42 years on this Earth, I've come to the realization that every generation possesses an equal amount of slugs and whiners.
They just didn't broadcast it like the current crop.

AB831

BUT I HAVE SO MANY PARTICIPATION TROPHIES WHY AM I NOT PROSPEROUS?

The delusional expectations of millennials aren't exactly a secret to anyone not a millennial.
Like what? Did you ever have to work two jobs at once to make ends meet? Or go to school full time while working full time to better yourself? I highly doubt it. I, along with most millennials, have had to do both at different times. I'm not looking for a pity party because that's what it takes these days. But please tell me what my delusional expectations are. It sounds like they're pretty realistic actually.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Like what? Did you ever have to work two jobs at once to make ends meet?

YEP.

Or go to school full time while working full time to better yourself?

Yep and it wasn't that difficult.

I highly doubt it. I, along with most millennials, have had to do both at different times. I'm not looking for a pity party because that's what it takes these days. But please tell me what my delusional expectations are. It sounds like they're pretty realistic actually.

LOL

dezguy

Like what? Did you ever have to work two jobs at once to make ends meet? Or go to school full time while working full time to better yourself? I highly doubt it. I, along with most millennials, have had to do both at different times. I'm not looking for a pity party because that's what it takes these days. But please tell me what my delusional expectations are. It sounds like they're pretty realistic actually.
While I agree with you, for the most part, having to work while going through school isn't a new phenomenon.

AB831

While I agree with you, for the most part, having to work while going through school isn't a new phenomenon.
For sure. That’s just the way that it is. I don’t think millennials have it harder than anyone else, but I really get tired of the baseless notion from know-nothing fools like Dano, that it’s somehow just SO MUCH easier for us.

Last edited:

SmithBarney

Our outbound has doubled, a lot of companies have started using Express because of the Ground failures in our area and apparently around the country.

We had extra trucks from the ramp all week. Routes are running above peak levels. A few routes in my loop normally run 60-80stops a day are showing 130-170stops we have overflow routes, but not nearly enough.
Tomorrow again we have a delayed start because the memphis sorts are bogged down.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Our outbound has doubled, a lot of companies have started using Express because of the Ground failures in our area and apparently around the country.

We had extra trucks from the ramp all week. Routes are running above peak levels. A few routes in my loop normally run 60-80stops a day are showing 130-170stops we have overflow routes, but not nearly enough.
Tomorrow again we have a delayed start because the memphis sorts are bogged down.
30 minute late start for us. :(

AB831

They finally let us go to 30 minute breaks. That really helped the morale because it's been becoming unbearable.

cosis

we have been on 30 min break and straight lining for weeks now... tomorrow is a one hour late start. Been 45 min late start the past few weeks.

McFeely

Huge Member
We had late starts Weds and Thur, but Friday was normal start time for us.

Routes have been getting hammered though! And there's always a few drivers who don't ask for help with their last 70 stops until 1700 when the only drivers left on road are doing pickup routes.