Money order

upsman68

Guys,
I collected a money order today and it blew out of my pocket.

Now what.

I talked to the customer and they saved the receipt

I don't know what to do about my turn in.

Any suggestions or I am SOL and have to pay for it. I don't have 807.00 on me.

lvgolfer962

you might be SOL if the customer cant get replacement. better call up a supervisor and see how they want to handle it.
hope you dont end up paying for it
good luck

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You are lucky that the customer saved his receipt. He should be able to get a replacement money order and they will cancel or put a stop payment on the original. If he is unable to you will end up having to pay for the COD. The company will take a set amount out of your check ($25-50/week) until the balance has been paid. I hope the customer is able to get another money order so that you don't end up having to pay for the COD.

If they can get a new MO then be a responsible driver and reimburse the customer for their expense and trouble. It`ll be cheaper than covering that COD.

UPSGUY72

I take it that it blew out of your pockey while you where driving ??? Else you would have been able to go pick it up. Anyways if that was the case let it be a lesson learned always put your CODs checks/ money orders in the envelope and in back of your car.

It depends what type of money order it was if it was issued by a bank the customer might not be able to put a stop payment on it. If it was a personal money order that the customer had to sign first than he will be able to put a stop payment on it.

Hopefull it wasn't a large amount of money if they make you pay. I heard of driver having to pay thousands of dollars.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Not to heap on, but hope it has not already been cashed. Someone could have easily changed the name, and took it to a check cashing place, I dont know if they cash them but I think they will for a fee. My bank holds mine til they clear from my renters.

Cementups

Box Monkey
If you keep your checks in your shirt pocket, fold them in half. just saying. I keep mine in the back of the truck though in my envelope.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I lost a money order once, the customer saved the receipt and I was able to go online and get it replaced. I think it cost about $12, I had the replacement check in no time.