More Free Stuff Giveaways! College Welfare!

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Those that were responsible, what did you get?

Can I get the same amount of my mortgage cancelled? I'm pretty sure I've already paid more than what I borrowed, so no one's really out anything.

oldngray

nowhere special
People dumb enough to take out student loans they can't handle repaying are more likely to vote democrat, especially when the government uses our money to buy their votes.
They are incapable of simple math. Where does that "free" money come from? They can't understand (or refuse to see) the money ultimately comes from taxpayers.

Up In Smoke

Why single out just one type of loan? Why not credit cards, auto loans, etc? What's the difference?
These are government loans granted to students/parents going to government run universities. Left pocket, right pocket. Is this better or worse than bailing out (government subsides) for large portions of our economy?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
There has already been 10s of billions of dollars forgiven. Wounded vet's and their children, 9/11 victims children, fraud universities and the list goes on and on.
And those responsible people who sacrificed lifestyle in order to retire their debt quickly get nothing.

Up In Smoke

As part of the Trump administration's 2020 budget, loan forgiveness and repayment programs were considered, but the pandemic caused the plan to be scraped and loan interest and payments were suspended instead.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
You don't get any. That's only for useless pieces of :censored2: sitting at home. All you get is a big cheesy sign that reads THANK YOU HEROES.
so funny that the government said they were gunna fork over $25,000 for essential employees 😂😂😂

RUN RABBITS RUN!!!!!!!
😂😂😂😂✊✊✊✊✊