More Free Stuff Giveaways! College Welfare!

newolddude

Fa5Ei2UWIAAOkQS

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
How about someone who skipped college, perhaps became an apprentice? Is their contribution to our society any less worthy than college attendees?

One could argue an electrician or plumber contributes more than a paper pusher.

I attended four years at a small private college back in the mid 70’s, went under the old GI Bill. Got roughly 350 a month, that covered my tuition, books and all for the entire year.

Same school today costs 37,370 a year!

Maybe the real issue was the overcharging allowed by these colleges and universities!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I attended four years at a small private college back in the mid 70’s, went under the old GI Bill. Got roughly 350 a month, that covered my tuition, books and all for the entire year.

Maybe the real issue was the overcharging allowed by these colleges and universities!
What came first, high college costs or government involvement in financing college.

College seemed much more affordable pre 1980's.

Up In Smoke

Vast majority of colleges and tech schools are government run. What a racket, loan the money to yourself.

rod

Retired 22 years
Maybe the real issue is 3/4ths of those graduating from college will NOT work in their chosen field of studies. Probably more than that. College is a WASTE of time and money for most people. They have been brain washed into believing they have to have it.

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
I have to admit I do find myself laughing at those idiots who though old Giveaway Joe was going to wipe out ALL of their student debt. Sorry Suckers--you still owe the rest of the $100,000. :rofl:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Maybe the real issue is 3/4ths of those graduating from college will work in their chosen field of studies. Probably more than that. College is a WASTE of time and money for most people. They have been brain washed into believing they have to have it.
The free money is for student loans. You could have flunked out and you still get the free money.

rod

Retired 22 years
Maybe the real issue is 3/4ths of those graduating from college will NOT work in their chosen field of studies. Probably more than that. College is a WASTE of time and money for most people. They have been brain washed into believing they have to have it.
fixed it.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I have to admit I do find myself laughing at those idiots who though old Giveaway Joe was going to wipe out ALL of their student debt. Sorry Suckers--you still owe the rest of the $100,000

We still have the 2024 election coming up.. the Idiots might still get their wish...