More Global Warming

moreluck

golden ticket member
Well if cattle also cause global warming what if you could show evidence that 500 years ago on the great plains that Buffalo herd numbers far exceeded today's domestic cattle population, what would that say to that part of the theory?
:surprised:

As they say, "disappeared like a fart in the wind!"

Just a quick observation.......there's a huge block of land that sits along the I-15 in ???? Norco, or a nearby city.......it used to be packed with cows for over a mile. The stink was always horrendous and you had to roll up your car windows and that only helped slightly.
Today, you can drive by that area, early morning.......it's all built over now, but there's this unusual early A.M. ground fog that hangs close to the ground. I always think it's probably from years and years of cow junk and the methane is rising. In fact, there's a huge UPS logistics center built there now. It was amazing to me how fast the cows were gone and the building started. It didn't seem there was much time for the ground to "breathe".

Babagounj

Strength through joy
(Rasmussen) — The debate over global warming has intensified in recent weeks after a new NASA study was interpreted by skeptics to reveal that global warming is not man-made. While a majority of Americans nationwide continue to acknowledge significant disagreement about global warming in the scientific community, most go even further to say some scientists falsify data to support their own beliefs.
The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey of American Adults shows that 69% say it’s at least somewhat likely that some scientists have falsified research data in order to support their own theories and beliefs, including 40% who say this is Very Likely. Twenty-two percent (22%) don’t think it’s likely some scientists have falsified global warming data, including just six percent (6%) say it’s Not At All Likely. Another 10% are undecided.
The number of adults who say it’s likely scientists have falsified data is up 10 points from December 2009 .
Fifty-seven percent (57%) believe there is significant disagreement within the scientific community on global warming, up five points from late 2009. One in four (25%) believes scientists agree on global warming. Another 18% aren’t sure.
Republicans and adults not affiliated with either major political party feel stronger than Democrats that some scientists have falsified data to support their global warming theories, but 51% of Democrats also agree.

(Rasmussen) — The debate over global warming has intensified in recent weeks after a new NASA study was interpreted by skeptics to reveal that global warming is not man-made. While a majority of Americans nationwide continue to acknowledge significant disagreement about global warming in the scientific community, most go even further to say some scientists falsify data to support their own beliefs.
The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey of American Adults shows that 69% say it’s at least somewhat likely that some scientists have falsified research data in order to support their own theories and beliefs, including 40% who say this is Very Likely. Twenty-two percent (22%) don’t think it’s likely some scientists have falsified global warming data, including just six percent (6%) say it’s Not At All Likely. Another 10% are undecided.
The number of adults who say it’s likely scientists have falsified data is up 10 points from December 2009 .
Fifty-seven percent (57%) believe there is significant disagreement within the scientific community on global warming, up five points from late 2009. One in four (25%) believes scientists agree on global warming. Another 18% aren’t sure.
Republicans and adults not affiliated with either major political party feel stronger than Democrats that some scientists have falsified data to support their global warming theories, but 51% of Democrats also agree.
Well THAT clears it all up.

moreluck

golden ticket member
TruthinAdvertising_Environment.jpg

klein

Für Meno :)
Don't know if you guys heard about the company "Trans Canada Pipelines" but they are going thru are kinds of hurdles to build an oil pipeline from Edmonton to the Gulf of Mexico (to the refineries there). In Washington there were 400 demostrators (against the proposed pipeline), arrested sofar.

It will create 20.000 US jobs in total, and an endless oil supply from Alberta.

It did finally pass the US house on Friday, and now Obama has 90 days to sign the deal.
But demostrations in Washington continue against this major pipeline project.

Alberta is of course hoping the deal signs within 90 days.

moreluck

golden ticket member
OK, here's the plan......Gore thinks the global warming issue is akin to civil rights.......he should go to the dedication ceremony of the MLK statue and speak at that event and explain how the two issues are alike. I'm sure he'll be welcomed with open arms !!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Global warming = natural cycle of the earth.
Gore is a laughing stock. I think most informed know that by now.:wink2:
Like most politicians, he has/had an agenda. $$$$$$

:surprised::surprised:"The sky is falling, run for you lives"!!!!!!:rolleyes2:
Now they have Noah Wyle doing commercials about the shrinking arctic ice and how the polar bears are losing their hunting grounds., when in fact, the ice is growing.

It's thoughts and baseless opinions like this that make me cringe.

Not because it's wrong, (which it is, scientifically-clad wrong), because of the haughty attitude and dismissal.

klein

Für Meno :)
I agree Sleeve, he doesn't even know Polar Bears are under the endangered species list, exactly because of ice shrinking !

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I agree Sleeve, he doesn't even know Polar Bears are under the endangered species list, exactly because of ice shrinking !
I don't think that is relevant though, Klein. Evolution and survival of the fittest will dictate whether or not a species can survive. The ice shrinking may be AGW related, or may be billion-year cryopspheric cycles, or any other scientific reasoning, or any number of combinations of theories ..we just don't know enough.

That is why both sides are WRONG on the issue, because there should be no "sides".

UnconTROLLed

perfection
It is arrogant for mankind to reach ANY conclusion about AGW, so whether you are a skeptic or a believer, whenever someone has a firm opinion I know they're just blowing hot air.

It's thoughts and baseless opinions like this that make me cringe.

Not because it's wrong, (which it is, scientifically-clad wrong), because of the haughty attitude and dismissal.
Yea boy...scientifically-clad manipulated, tweaked data and and outright lies is what is the the truth. How can you place trust in any of these global warming ,so called, scientists knowing that some of them conspired to change data to fit their desired results and tell all their cronies to do the same? These people aren't scientist, they are snake oil suppliers.

Klein, no one is ignorant to the fact that the ice caps are shrinking and polar bears are in trouble because it that. The decent is about the cause of this phenomena. There is absolutely no scientific proof, that can be trusted, that mankind has made a significant reversible impact. Don't get me wrong, I am certain that mankind has polluted the earth, so has wild animals. I'm all for doing what we can to recycle, work to keep the air and water as clean as possible but to think that al gore and his push of "global warming or climate change is nothing but a money grab for him is being naive.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Yea boy...scientifically-clad manipulated, tweaked data and and outright lies is what is the the truth. How can you place trust in any of these global warming ,so called, scientists knowing that some of them conspired to change data to fit their desired results and tell all their cronies to do the same? These people aren't scientist, they are snake oil suppliers.

Klein, no one is ignorant to the fact that the ice caps are shrinking and polar bears are in trouble because it that. The decent is about the cause of this phenomena. There is absolutely no scientific proof, that can be trusted, that mankind has made a significant reversible impact. Don't get me wrong, I am certain that mankind has polluted the earth, so has wild animals. I'm all for doing what we can to recycle, work to keep the air and water as clean as possible but to think that al gore and his push of "global warming or climate change is nothing but a money grab for him is being naive.
In some respects I agree. There are always going to be organizations and people who cherry pick data and assimilate it such that the outcomes of their persuits fit their agenda.

As much as scientists hate the fact, the science they do, and those who scrutinize it, must be done in a completely scientific way, which sometimes means dealing with those who have malicious intent. (ie....potential "Big Oil" impacts, or "Big Green" or "Big Green investors" or "Big Auto"....etc...)

Science begs us to challange our own beliefs, conclusions, observational perceptions, and adhere to other non subjective measures to ensure as much individual objectiveness as possible. The scientific method should screen out any other remaining biases/subjectiveness, when done properly.

Lose the objectivity...you lose the confidence of others, the value of drawn conclusions...and in essence a part of science.

Having said that, there are many other points aside AGW that could change the earths temperature and also alter environmental conditions. One is water vapor levels within the stratosphere being transported from the troposphere can significantly change over time and play a role in climate change.

Overall my opinion is that AGW is not something that will be solved in our lifetimes, or our grandkids, or their grandkids. What are we trying to save? The next 100 years? 200 years? That is very short-sighted overall.

I do think the world needs to become more responsible as far as pollutants and etc...however in the end, we are just a blip on the map and eventually another LIA and MWP will be coming for earth. When there are ice shelves upon the Gulf of Mexico during the next LIA, are we going to look back and care that Al Gore made a stink about GW thousands of years ago?

YES humans likely do in some way alter global temperatures. THAT is clad science, it would likely be impossible for that NOT to occur. Whether it is a "death spiral" as Al Gore promotes is bothersome, but equally bothersome are the arrogant ones who deny there is any effect at all.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Which means just leave everything alone and let it play out naturally.
Well, not necessarily. It is worth researching and OBJECTIVELY challenging ideas. I believe big business (which I will always be firmly against) should keep their noses out of it entirely, for obvious reasons. As long as there is $ changing hands, other than funding to provide non-biased research, there will be problems.