More Global Warming

moreluck

golden ticket member
I don't mind taking care of the Earth......but not to the point where you throw away people and their livlihood.
Again, the example is choosing a smelt (tiny fish) over farmers in Central CA. whose families have been farming for century and a half. They cut off the water to save a smelt and the farmers had no water for their crops.....went broke.....That's not right. Maybe it was God's plan that those smelt had served their purpose and it was time for their extinction.....like dinosaurs.

These people were self sufficient and "fed" the communities with their occupations. Now they are probably just added to the welfare rolls. Not right.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I don't mind taking care of the Earth......but not to the point where you throw away people and their livlihood.
Again, the example is choosing a smelt (tiny fish) over farmers in Central CA. whose families have been farming for century and a half. They cut off the water to save a smelt and the farmers had no water for their crops.....went broke.....That's not right. Maybe it was God's plan that those smelt had served their purpose and it was time for their extinction.....like dinosaurs.

These people were self sufficient and "fed" the communities with their occupations. Now they are probably just added to the welfare rolls. Not right.

So in your eyes, money and business is more important than a species of fish? That is a little iffy to say the least.

Why do we not blame the farmers for relying on that particular water supply and/or not having the foresight to see such an issue? Isn't that what most savvy business people do? Checks and balances...

Isn't the "American dream" a game of chance after all? Some make it, some don't.

moreluck

golden ticket member
So in your eyes, money and business is more important than a species of fish? That is a little iffy to say the least.

Why do we not blame the farmers for relying on that particular water supply and/or not having the foresight to see such an issue? Isn't that what most savvy business people do? Checks and balances...

Isn't the "American dream" a game of chance after all? Some make it, some don't.

As usual, the liberal misses the point. In my eyes, the human being is more important than a 3" or 4" fish......................considering homo sapiens is one of a kind and there are many species of fish.

How many smelt have you eaten in your life? I've tasted them once. I wouldn't miss them. I would miss Old MacDonald!

You're asking farmers from a hundred years ago, even 50 years ago to be able to foresee that a very tiny fish might become endangered a hundred years later?? seriously? That's how long the farmers and their following farmers have been depending on that water.

For those who don't believe in God, or his plan....maybe the extinction of the "smelt" is nothing more than evolution?

klein

Für Meno :)
You're asking farmers from a hundred years ago, even 50 years ago to be able to foresee that a very tiny fish might become endangered a hundred years later?? seriously? That's how long the farmers and their following farmers have been depending on that water.

For those who don't believe in God, or his plan....maybe the extinction of the "smelt" is nothing more than evolution?

I got the solution for you. Simply put those farmers back 100 years like you posted.
No pesticides, no fertilizers, no harmones.

That should go well with mother nature.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I got the solution for you. Simply put those farmers back 100 years like you posted.

but..but...what about the poor fertilizer and pesticide companies! Then they go out of business! :sick:

everyone's so concerned with maximizing profits and capitalism, I understand why you find so much flaw in our society over here.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
As usual, the liberal misses the point. In my eyes, the human being is more important than a 3" or 4" fish......................considering homo sapiens is one of a kind and there are many species of fish.

How many smelt have you eaten in your life? I've tasted them once. I wouldn't miss them. I would miss Old MacDonald!

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/05/100517161144.htm

Regardless, the fish being on the endangered species list is NOT unavoidable. Either by the imbalance of nutrients in the water or the lack of water... You are talking "Gods will" and all of that nonsense which is completely irrelevant. Want to throw in a few wives tales to really make things more scientifically concrete about the extinction of a fish?

the point is it is MANKIND that would cause the species to become extinct, most likely; and if it is avoidable, let's do whatever it takes for it to be avoided.

OhhHh the PooR FaRmerS noT RakiNg In ProFiTs and feeding the population...please, spare me. Republicans are all for "personal responsibility....so go grow your own food and raise your own animals and take responsibility instead of relying others. ;) That is your MO after all, right?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

Are you saying that the government is so powerful they can over rule god? Maybe it was god's plan that the govt would intervene on behalf of the smelt? Assuming you believe in all powerful god who runs things according to his wishes, wouldn't that make more sense?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Are you saying that the government is so powerful they can over rule god? Maybe it was god's plan that the govt would intervene on behalf of the smelt? Assuming you believe in all powerful god who runs things according to his wishes, wouldn't that make more sense?
Here's a Q:

Could God create a stone so large he could not lift?

:sick:

moreluck

golden ticket member
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/05/100517161144.htm

Regardless, the fish being on the endangered species list is NOT unavoidable. Either by the imbalance of nutrients in the water or the lack of water... You are talking "Gods will" and all of that nonsense which is completely irrelevant. Want to throw in a few wives tales to really make things more scientifically concrete about the extinction of a fish?

the point is it is MANKIND that would cause the species to become extinct, most likely; and if it is avoidable, let's do whatever it takes for it to be avoided.

OhhHh the PooR FaRmerS noT RakiNg In ProFiTs and feeding the population...please, spare me. Republicans are all for "personal responsibility....so go grow your own food and raise your own animals and take responsibility instead of relying others. ;) That is your MO after all, right?

You know damn well, your thinking would be much different if that farm was owned by Grandma & Grandpa Sleeve.........87 years old and it's all they have. They live there and have signed it's daily operation over to their son, Sleeve II and he runs it, supports his parents and his kids, including Sleeve III. He will eventually leave it to his sons.

Now, you want to say "to hell with them", go ahead, it's your family!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
That's the old question....if there's a God why does he let bad things happen? I'm not getting into what I believe or why.......you either have the gift or you don't. Nothing to explain.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
You know damn well, your thinking would be much different if that farm was owned by Grandma & Grandpa Sleeve.........87 years old and it's all they have. They live there and have signed it's daily operation over to their son, Sleeve II and he runs it, supports his parents and his kids, including Sleeve III. He will eventually leave it to his sons.

Now, you want to say "to hell with them", go ahead, it's your family!!

No, it wouldn't be any different. When you go into business you run the risk of changes that are beyond your control. How many small business do we see close the doors because of Obamacare, for example? That's the risk you take starting and owning/operating a business. Clearly the farm owners do not own proper proprietary rights to the water system, correct?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
That's the old question....if there's a God why does he let bad things happen? I'm not getting into what I believe or why.......you either have the gift or you don't. Nothing to explain.

You're the one who brought up god's plan vis-a-vis the smelt, I'm just curious as to why you think god wants them to die out as a result of man's activity rather than allow them to survive as result of man's activity. Assuming there is an all powerful god then everything that happens, good or bad, would be part of his plan, no?

moreluck

golden ticket member
It's all too complicated........just one question is there.........................who do you save, the human or the fish ? I know my answer.

moreluck

golden ticket member
No, it wouldn't be any different. When you go into business you run the risk of changes that are beyond your control. How many small business do we see close the doors because of Obamacare, for example? That's the risk you take starting and owning/operating a business. Clearly the farm owners do not own proper proprietary rights to the water system, correct?

All of Central CA. farmers have no right to water?? I don't know.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
It's all too complicated........just one question is there.........................who do you save, the human or the fish ? I know my answer.

A. What's so complicated about it? Assuming you believe in an all powerful god who has a divine plan, then everything/anything that happens is part of his plan.

B. I don't think it's an either/or question on humans or fish, I think we can do fine by both. Also you're framing it as an equivalency when it's not - The fish are facing extinction, the humans will just have to get a different job. The outcomes are not even remotely the same.

but..but...what about the poor fertilizer and pesticide companies! Then they go out of business! :sick:

everyone's so concerned with maximizing profits and capitalism, I understand why you find so much flaw in our society over here.

Two both of you, there are many farms without pesticides, fertilizers or hormones they are call organic farmers.

Here's a Q:

Could God create a stone so large he could not lift?

:sick:
I'll play just one round of your stupid game. It's irrelevant id he could or not, he wouldn't because he is smarter than you.......and me.

moreluck

golden ticket member
A. What's so complicated about it? Assuming you believe in an all powerful god who has a divine plan, then everything/anything that happens is part of his plan.

B. I don't think it's an either/or question on humans or fish, I think we can do fine by both. Also you're framing it as an equivalency when it's not - The fish are facing extinction, the humans will just have to get a different job. The outcomes are not even remotely the same.
Maybe that's all they know is farming. Do you know the cost of getting new land in CA.? If it were up to me, turn on the water and let the fields get irrigated.
You can't question the existence of God on an internet site. I see a big difference right away. I capitalize the word (God)out of respect for my beliefs and you don't. I also bow my head at the name Jesus.....that's just the way I was brought up. It's a gift. Nothing else to say.

I think you are being dishonest with yourself. If you had your whole live invested in a family farm and all of a sudden a group of do-gooders were going to take it away from you, you would fight to your last breath. Either that or you're just not human.

Can't speak for Moreluck but IMO, A. no God doesn't direct everything that happens in the world.
B. There have been many species of animals and fish that have become extinct and the rest of the world is still here and turning. Will it do that for eternity? None of us know nor will ever know. Would you have fought to save the dinosaurs from extinction, in reality I hardly think so.