More gloom and doom..CS is tanking

trickpony1

Go to preload......
Spend your entire time jumping in and out of the back end of 3-5 PC's.
Lift 3-5 times the weight of one PC's freight.
Have some PT supe yelling at you to hurry up.
This isn't harder on the body than being a PC driver?

oldngray

nowhere special
Go to preload......

Not even close. I preloaded before I started driving.

Go to preload......
I did that for a short while. Knees and ankles felt great. A little strain on my.lower back. Zero mental. Pressure

McGee

so it seems big brown is looking out for its employees and the only ones losing anything will be non ups teamsters. teamster vs teamster, interesting

I have GOT to transfer OUT of CS ( Quite a bit of time in ) , and this seriously has just put me over the hump to do it.

We have a full time preload. At full pay
I wish!

Full time preload.. Top driver Rate but no o.t
That's ok, I would if it was here.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Damn. I guess I should up my 401k contributions. I'm at 25 percent as it is right now. Just started contributing last year though.

There is an annual limit for contributions which is adjusted upward every year. I believe it is $18K for this year with an additional $5.5K for those who are 50 or older.

McGee

But it won't affect him....

I don't have a crystal ball.

How are you going to do that ?

Transfer all you want.... but, you're still in the plan.

It's not like vested credit.... is transferable.

-Bug-
From a previous employer unless it has changed ( again) , were told that we could rollover...

raceanoncr

But yet....

People like "raceanoncr" will continually espouse uninformed opinions.

Isn't that what TDU does ?

-Bug-
With all due respect to the retiree....

He should have known that answer, before he retired.

Another example of an ill informed employee.

(Who may have never.... even been to his Local Union Hall)

-Bug-

OK, now, what uninformed opinions did I cite? I said, "If somebody CAN provide me with the exact words that UPS will make it up, I'll be happy to read it but, till then, I DON'T think I'm gonna take em at their word.". Is that an opinion? Well, maybe so, in your eyes. Then, someone DID provide the writing and I READ IT!

"Before HE retired"? Again, am I the one complaining about CS here? Did I research it BEFORE I retired? Yes. Did I complain about it then? NO! Am I the one complaining about it NOW? NO!

"(Who may have never...even been to his Local Union Hall)"? Now, THAT'S good. I DO applaud you for making good judgments, or is that "uninformed opinions".

In over 30 yrs, I was at, almost EVERY meeting we had. At one of our last contract negotiation proposal meetings, there was a total of five, FIVE (5) of us there and 3 of us were feeder drivers. I RETIRED as the feeder steward, BUG.

Maybe, before snapping to judgments, you go back and read this whole thread. I AM NOT THE ORIGINAL POSTER. I, MERELY, scanned and posted the letter that we received. I, MERELY, posted, in answer to your and others' questions, what has happened in MY life and what I expect. I do not detect a note of complaint in any of my posts on this thread.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
There is an annual limit for contributions which is adjusted upward every year. I believe it is $18K for this year with an additional $5.5K for those who are 50 or older.

Sounds about right.

Some people.... could benefit, by talking to a financial planner.

From a previous employer unless it has changed ( again) , were told that we could rollover...

Huh ?

Someone told you.... you could rollover monies in the Central States pension plan....

in to another one ?

-Bug-