More routes on Saturdays, means less work on mondays.

Ghost in the Darkness

Maybe it's in our supplemental about % of routes that can be run on weekends. We don't have Saturday or Sunday ground so far and not expected this year. I do recall we are protected from them doing all the work just so they can cut routes and lay drivers off.

35years

Gravy route
Speaking from the viewpoint of a decades long driver, embrace any change in operations because 1 of 2 things will happen-

1) you will make more $$
2) you will do less work
3) you do less work AND make more money!

Mondays are already awesome...Less stops spread out over more miles. Cut half of the remaining pkgs on Monday and it will be like working for FedEx express...Deliver 1 box drive 5 miles....repeat all day, perfect.

rocket man

All Centers across the nation where Saturday work exist are seeing more routes on Saturdays , this means RPCD will have less hours on mondays . 22.4 vs 22.3 . Any thoughts?
I really don't know if any of you guys noticed we still have businesses out the ass on Monday. And I hate to say it half the people that work on Saturday put not in one closed on houses that have been getting deliveries for years. It's all buddy**. I'll be glad to have 8-hour days on Monday if you guys got to live on just overtime weeks you have a problem .

a911scanner

One of our ORS just mentioned they are going to ramp up the routes on Saturdays & diminish the routes for Mondays.

This will mean that they will "offer days off" to more RPCDs on Mondays.

The contract, however, states that for a center to utilize 22.4 drivers anytime during the week, 90% of RPCDs must be utilized M-friend. If the RPCD levels are not met, then no 22.4 drivers can drive that week.

I smell some grievance forms getting hot....

Dough99

B153F892-9536-40F5-BE5C-2FB43DD89EF3.jpeg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
What is the send again rate for missed Sat stops ?
Studies that UPS has done showed Sat. is a poor day to scheduled stops. Most office buildings are not open, Homes with children are mostly empty all day ( playing sports ) and for many people Sat is the Sabbath.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
All Centers across the nation where Saturday work exist are seeing more routes on Saturdays , this means RPCD will have less hours on mondays . 22.4 vs 22.3 . Any thoughts?
Drivers will take Monday off helping the company deal with the mess.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Part-timers working Friday nights? What could go wrong? I'm sure attendance will be through the roof :happy:
Up until the 90's , my old building was only M-friend for both part time and full. Some times the P/T sups would provide the beers for after work.

PCLoadPackage

Part-timers working Friday nights? What could go wrong? I'm sure attendance will be through the roof :happy:

Saturday morning is nearly as bad. Those of us preloaders who have enough work ethic to actually show up get rewarded with 4-5 car pulls to compensate for all of those that can't be bothered to show up to work on a Saturday morning. On top of that, they just keep pushing more and more work to Saturday (as others have been talking about) so they regularly lay off preloaders on Monday morning.

So what is the purpose of 22.3 bids if they are just going to swap the days you work from Sunday-thursday to Monday-friday they still are running a Sunday night air sort and a Monday morning preload air and smalls sort why move the 22.3 employees is a bid not a contract??

542thruNthru

So what is the purpose of 22.3 bids if they are just going to swap the days you work from Sunday-thursday to Monday-friday they still are running a Sunday night air sort and a Monday morning preload air and smalls sort why move the 22.3 employees is a bid not a contract??

Same reason RPCDs were moved to Tue-Sat even though they were always M-friend.