Is it true?

some1else

Banned
Is it true that the 25% 22.4 cap that limited the Saturday routes to 25% (plus any forced 6 punch) is gone? Does that mean contractually a 100route center could have 50 m-friend and 50 t-s?

I think it would depend on the business/resi split of the area but most centers are running the 25% now, and I’d wager any m-friend bid routes that get cut will be made t-a also. Why layoff someone Monday and give someone 1.5x for 6th punch Saturday if you can make the route t-s

JustDeliverIt

Is it true that the 25% 22.4 cap that limited the Saturday routes to 25% (plus any forced 6 punch) is gone? Does that mean contractually a 100route center could have 50 m-friend and 50 t-s?

I think it would depend on the business/resi split of the area but most centers are running the 25% now, and I’d wager any m-friend bid routes that get cut will be made t-a also. Why layoff someone Monday and give someone 1.5x for 6th punch Saturday if you can make the route t-s

The new language states you can’t force a RPCD with an 8-1-19 or earlier seniority date onto a T-S schedule. So your center has to maintain at least a route for all top rate drivers that is Mon-Fri.

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
The new language states you can’t force a RPCD with an 8-1-19 or earlier seniority date onto a T-S schedule. So your center has to maintain at least a route for all top rate drivers that is Mon-Fri.
exactly my friend , and why would they put more biddable routes in than they have to?
🧔‍♂️✊

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
@Dragon , let’s hear it from a center manager. What’s the game plan? Your little on road supes are going to actually have to use their brains a little soon 😂

😎✊

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
southern supplement has it as choice if youre in that region.
2627D779-5C2F-4803-B7B3-B3CD85BC89E4.jpeg

some1else

Banned
I always forget about the different supplements. Here it say you can bid any route you want, and you can also bid “cover”. So if your driver 55 and the top 50 took the m-friend routes you can bid cover and be laid off every Monday or take a route t-s. It does look like they can’t force you but my supplement does say that all routes offered for bid, and if everyone skips a route and picks covered those routes are assigned bottom up. I don’t see any language that says they have to offer all drivers a m-friend route just that they aren’t forced to bid t-s

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

22.4 language actually had some hidden gems, it could’ve been reworked instead of obliterated, have fun working Tuesday to Saturday for the rest of your career!

some1else

Banned
Like many have previously stated, having Monday's off isnt the end of world.
Not for me. I think my route will be moved to tue to sat and I’m not worried. Would be a relief to know anytime someone says “when can you take an appointment?” I can say Monday. Doing stuff on Saturday or Sunday can be really difficult. But people that have kids in school or daycare it could be really expensive for them to cover Saturday

10:30 resi

When a pre-2019 RPCD retires or is otherwise is displaced is there anything stopping the company from rebidding their route as tues-sat?

10:30 resi

What if your company seniority date is before 8-1-19, but you made RPCD after that date? The way I read it you must've been rpcd before 8-1-19 to secure m-friend. I could be wrong.

JustDeliverIt

I always forget about the different supplements. Here it say you can bid any route you want, and you can also bid “cover”. So if your driver 55 and the top 50 took the m-friend routes you can bid cover and be laid off every Monday or take a route t-s. It does look like they can’t force you but my supplement does say that all routes offered for bid, and if everyone skips a route and picks covered those routes are assigned bottom up. I don’t see any language that says they have to offer all drivers a m-friend route just that they aren’t forced to bid t-s

It’s not supplemental language, article 11 section 1 on the new NMA language.

IMG_4318.png

JustDeliverIt

When a pre-2019 RPCD retires or is otherwise is displaced is there anything stopping the company from rebidding their route as tues-sat?

Nothing that I see. I’m reading this as a protection for those who gained FT driver status before 22.4’s were implemented. If you choose to bid T-S that’s fine, just can’t be forced.

What if your company seniority date is before 8-1-19, but you made RPCD after that date? The way I read it you must've been rpcd before 8-1-19 to secure m-friend. I could be wrong.

Correct, you must have FT seniority before 8-1-19. PT seniority date doesn’t matter.

JustDeliverIt

Like many have previously stated, having Monday's off isnt the end of world.

Not so much about having Monday off, more about drivers demanding their contractual guarantees. More drivers working Monday means less routes Saturday since, at least at my building, majority of our Monday work is here Friday night.

Also, less routes Saturday means Saturday drivers need to demand their 8 as well. Then instead of sending out 10+ hr routes everyone work 8 Saturdays as well.

But that’s in a perfect world, too many people willing to go home and not work their 5 days.