More stupid things customers say

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Last week I delivered to a votech where you have to buzz yourself in. Usually when I buzz they let me right in as soon as they see me on the camera. But this time someone else was there. I buzzed and she asks, "Name?". I respond "UPS" as usual. But then next she says "...But I need a reason". I was lost for words. I simply didn't know what to say next and the only thing I could find was "To deliver you UPS?". I sure as hell wasn't there to service their windows.

UPSER110

I had 2 envelopes for an apartment, after the lady signed she says "do I need to sign again for the other package" uh no, you are good

Brwnldy75

My all time favorite so far was making a delivery and someone came up and asked if I knew where the UPS center is at. Without a beat I told him no, sorry . He was like OK, thank you. I stopped him before he got back in his car and told him where it was located.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Mine came yesterday. Made a delivery to our local school district office. 4 packages, one of them being a Surepost. After making the delivery, I pulled the pkg car forward to make a delivery to an address across the adjoining street only to see the receptionist come running out holding the Surepost package. (Her) "This one doesn't come here". (Me) "Look a little further down on the address label". (Her) "Oh".

To be fair, Surepost can be a little confusing to try to explain to someone for the first time.

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
My all time favorite so far was making a delivery and someone came up and asked if I knew where the UPS center is at. Without a beat I told him no, sorry . He was like OK, thank you. I stopped him before he got back in his car and told him where it was located.
That was your all time favorite.....try again

If I could find out the anwser to this question before I die I will die a happy person: What on God's green earth do customers expect for an anwser when they ask "What is it?" I mean, I really don't what to say so I just don't say anything and ask them if they would please sign. What else am I to do?

I always say I don't know guess its surprise package day...

slakkbladder

I guess I shouldn't have, but I couldn't resist. Pulled up at a resi on a second attempt, info notice was taped to the front door with the following written on it. "Dear UPS, I will be home by 8 tonight". I pulled out my pen and added to the bottom of it, "So will I". :)

We have some pretty dumb customers over in England as well.

Inside worker here. The other day, a customer stopped me before I could enter the hub. Asked me if I could take some NDA letters straight to where they belong. I said " Sir, I'll do you one better. I'll take them directly to the pilot who flies the plane."