More stupid things customers say

NHDRVR

This example was probably mentioned but here goes...

I was sitting in the crossroads mall in Londonderry, NH when a customer asked if I had anything for her. I asked for her address, she gave me the street name, I never heard of it and she responded to the quizzical look on my face with, "I live in Lawrence, MA"....seriously?? That rumor of only having one UPS driver in the entire company is true I guess.

We hand carry every parcel on a velvet pillow across the country....

morons

ryman1566

Oooh, my favorite used to be, when I was first hired, I worked the customer counter and people would come in every now and again and says the following: 'Do you guys ship out boxes here?' I would just bite my tounge and smile and take their business.

DFWM

Delivering a Saturday Air package, no one was home (no cars in the drive or in front of the house) so I left a notice. When I got back to the building my sup told me the lady called and said she was there, I must not have knocked hard enough. I was told to reattempt it, she would be waiting. I drive the 45 minutes to get back out there, still no cars at the house. I ring the door bell and knock REAL hard....three times. Still no answer. I call my sup, he says call the lady. I call her and she says she'll 'be right down', that she didn't hear me. Now, please, someone tell me how in the heck she could have heard ANYTHING because she came around corner IN HER CAR and parked in the driveway!!!!:furious:

gcsmafia

customers ask "can you take this package please" only to find out that it is a cut out UPS label with only the bar code and a hand written ship to address. Clearly you can tell they reused a shipping label. they apologize and act like they didnt know they couldnt do that. Thats like going into a fast food restaurant and getting a soda... than coming back the next day with the same cup to refill your drink for free. Ignorance is acceptable but being crooked is not.

Failure Boy

Yesterday. Picking up a letter. The girl at the front office seems half stupid/half depressed, I don't know, but she's overstressed about that Express Letter that HAS to be shipped today ! She keeps checking out everything will be ok about the waybill and finally asks me, in a deep solemn voice :
"Are you sure it won't be mixed with other letters ???"

First time I ever get this one...like, yes, Miss, we're renting a whole plane for your special letter...
Oh, people...

NHDRVR

Yesterday. Picking up a letter. The girl at the front office seems half stupid/half depressed, I don't know, but she's overstressed about that Express Letter that HAS to be shipped today ! She keeps checking out everything will be ok about the waybill and finally asks me, in a deep solemn voice :
"Are you sure it won't be mixed with other letters ???"

First time I ever get this one...like, yes, Miss, we're renting a whole plane for your special letter...
Oh, people...

Now that's funny...

brownrodster

Someone asked me why that with all our technology we don't know who exactly causes damage to a box. This in regards to a box with a little hole in it and maybe a bent corner... He was 100% serious.

BrownVT

Seasonal Virgin Helper
here is a classic.

It was peak of '98. I made a delivery to a business, and had the secretary sign. She grabbed the Diad and said " Man, this is heavy"(diad) I responded,
" It seems heavier as the day goes on" She replies " I bet with all those signatures you collect it has to get heavier"::confused:1 :lol:

Great! Now I've just spit water out my nose, thanks! :clap:

ups1990

Walked into an office and the song Ebony and Ivory was on the background. The person signing for the package kept singing only the "Ivory" part. I said, what's the deal? Why are you just singing the Ivory and not the Ebony?

The person realized it and burst into laughter. Too comical.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Maybe they don't know all the words....like Doug Heffernan singing "Reverend Blue Jeans" (Neil Diamond) A classic Douggie faux pax!!

ups1990

Walked into an office and the song Ebony and Ivory was on the background. The person signing for the package kept singing only the "Ivory" part. I said, what's the deal? Why are you just singing the Ivory and not the Ebony?

The person realized it and burst into laughter. Too comical.
May I add, she's an Ivory and I'm closer to Ebony.

twenty2go

I had my hand cart fully loaded with pkgs. when i entered this office,and this lady , i've known her for a year or so, she asks me.."are all those mine?". i told her,no some are just along for the ride.. After a few weeks , she's starting to be friendly again.btw they have the whole bldg. to themselves,no other offices.

ups1990

"Are you hiring?"
No. You look very un-employable with your tattoos on your forehead and wearing those shorts down to your ankles. Maybe you can sell rims or something.