More than flirting....

laffter

I haven't read this entire thread. But, towards the beginning someone/people said this wasn't really a UPS issue but more of a personal issue.

Just in case this hasn't been mentioned yet: when the driver brought over a package in his personal vehicle... he committed a plethora of violations.

Assuming his story about the DOT thing was true...
It means that ran out of hours. So, he DR'd the package out of area and did not deliver it (dishonesty). He took the package in his personal vehicle, which might constitute some sort of theft. Then he drove the package to the recipient's residence, off the clock, which I'm sure violates some policy.

Yeah, not only was he being "unprofessional" with his love notes, he did plenty which could get himself fired.

C

chuchu

Way too much trouble.

If it happens again just flip that internal mind switch and become every gay character you've seen in the movies and talk your way out the door.
And find out she used to be a he? :(No rules apply anymore.

rod

Retired 22 years
I haven't read this entire thread. But, towards the beginning someone/people said this wasn't really a UPS issue but more of a personal issue.

Just in case this hasn't been mentioned yet: when the driver brought over a package in his personal vehicle... he committed a plethora of violations.

Assuming his story about the DOT thing was true...
It means that ran out of hours. So, he DR'd the package out of area and did not deliver it (dishonesty). He took the package in his personal vehicle, which might constitute some sort of theft. Then he drove the package to the recipient's residence, off the clock, which I'm sure violates some policy.

Yeah, not only was he being "unprofessional" with his love notes, he did plenty which could get himself fired.

Is this upstate they are talking about?

cb1969

First, I am sorry for your experience. There are "players" in every profession and you will not be the only one he is trying to "play". More than likely anyway!! But, at least two things a really wrong UPS wise. We don't and cant go inside your house or bring you a package after we get off of work. We would and should be fired for either.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We don't and cant go inside your house or bring you a package after we get off of work. We would and should be fired for either.

We are strongly discouraged to go inside a consignee's home; however, if I have a very heavy or cumbersome package for an elderly person, I will bring it in to the house for them.

jaker

trolling
We are strongly discouraged to go inside a consignee's home; however, if I have a very heavy or cumbersome package for an elderly person, I will bring it in to the house for them.
I still want do it , I don't care how old you are or how heavy it is

I will take the compliant for not going in over the driver stole something out of my house